Fog

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Looking out my window right now its so foggy I cannot see the lock (teddington) but I am so tempted to jump in the boat and head down to Richmond as the river looks so mysterious! adventurous or foolish?

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Cant promise anything new at ExCel (apart from the Feb issues) but it will be very different from the first year...cant really say anything other than that!

Sail boat wise there are not many new launches as to why they dont launch at London well thats a question for the builders!

sailorman

Visit site
won a sub to YM so guess i will be seeing it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
i do need a new sail but will order b4 the show /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

alan006

Visit site
I had to deliver a boat along the Medway today. The fog ranged from about 100metres visability to a couple of times when it cleared to over 1000 metres. It took extra care with a crew member on the stern and one on the bow to lookout for other craft.
It was made much easier using the chart plotter. I would not have done it without it. Its a while since I've had to navigate in simular conditions but we were using the direction of the ripples to help steer our course.
We seemed to have the river pretty much to ourselves.

bradtarga34

Visit site
Had a bit of a visibility problem on Saturday after heading to Kingston for some shopping, but that was more to do with lunch at Frere Jacques and then the Bishop next door! Lunch with SWMBO and freinds, then let her off to do some shopping as I kept warm with a mate in the Bishop! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ianc1200

Visit site
I went for a canoe (or is it a kayak?) yesterday up from the Henley Eyot Club through Marsh Lock, then came back by shooting over the small weir. Very pleasant & not too cold.

IanC