Fire at East Cowes Marina

z1ppy

Visit site
Looked by the sequence of shots that the fire was inside to start with.

So it's for sale for a lot and bursts into flames; heaven forbid I might recall many businesses in trouble which also spontaneously combust...

Edited... Wow. That inferance is pretty low! i just hope you dont experience a boat / house / car fire in your life. Speaking from first hand experience it is without doubt the most terrifing thing i have ever experienced and still have nighmares about it 15 years later!

I hope everyone is OK and the surrounding boats / owners, some of whom post here are not affected!

SpottyDog5

Visit site
Looked by the sequence of shots that the fire was inside to start with.

So it's for sale for a lot and bursts into flames; heaven forbid I might recall many businesses in trouble which also spontaneously combust...
You are well out of order :( I have met the owner, a very very genuine guy. His pride and joy is burning as we speak, how would you feel ? There is a time and place you know.......

Moonshining

picnicsintheharbour.blogspot.com
Edited... Wow. That inferance is pretty low! i just hope you dont experience a boat / house / car fire in your life. Speaking from first hand experience it is without doubt the most terrifing thing i have ever experienced and still have nighmares about it 15 years later!

I hope everyone is OK and the surrounding boats / owners, some of whom post here are not affected!

I would imagine it will be the first thing the insurance company will want to rule out once the claim comes in.

z1ppy

Visit site
I would imagine it will be the first thing the insurance company will want to rule out once the claim comes in.

i am sure you are absolutly correct but that will be the job for detailed review of the fire investigation and surrounding circumstances. I stand by my opinion that the inference was below the belt.

lw395

Visit site
i am sure you are absolutly correct but that will be the job for detailed review of the fire investigation and surrounding circumstances. I stand by my opinion that the inference was below the belt.

It is below the belt, but I bet a lot of us thought it.
Looking at the pix, I think if one was trying to get rid of the boat, the fire would have lower down rather than in the superstructure?
As it is, it looks like most of the hull is untouched, so it will probably be repairable.
But it will never be quite the same again and probably won't sell anytime soon?

Stemar

Visit site
If it had burnt entirely the owner wouldn't have needed to worry about selling it.

Judging by the photos, between the fire & the smoke and the water, I reckon she's pretty close to a write-off. For the owner's sake, I hope she is, because I can't see her ever looking, being and smelling right again.

Maybe it was out of order posting it, but I have to confess that something analagous to Seajet's comment did cross my nasty suspicious mind, too. I'm glad to be wrong on that score. The firework scenario does seem to be a possibility from the photos. Just hope the owner is adequately insured with a decent company who won't try and wriggle out from under.

lw395

Visit site
How very sad and what a lovely boat. :(

Are you being ironic?
Looked hideous to me.

Is it surprising how the superstructure is burning? I thought GRP was more fire retardant than that these days?

Perhaps you should click on the 'save this boat' button on the Ancasta listing.
There isn't a 'don't save this boat' option. :)

SpottyDog5

Visit site
OK I apologise and will delete my post, though others are showing it !

It just struck me that the boat is for sale, and I have known several of these things with businesses.

Incidentally I've been intimately involved with fires in houses, cars & boats...:rolleyes:

Well done sir, its the right thing to do. Whilst she was for sale, the owner was very involved in her build, on going specifications and maintenance, she was immaculate. I'm sure he loved her as much as we love ours, big or small.
You're right you're not alone with your thoughts, but I know if I had just lost my boat, these comments would only add to my despair.

JumbleDuck

Visit site

FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM
- -Engine Room:
- -One Seafire FM-1500-M
- -One Seafire Automatic engine shutdown system for main engine, generators, engine room blowers, fire/smoke dampers
- -One Seafire Manual Discharge Cable 30ft
- -Lazarette:
- -One Seafire Model FM-1100-A
- -One Seafire Deluxe Discharge Alarm
- -Forward Bilge:
- -One Seafire FM-300-A
- -Forward Bilge # 2:
- -One Seafire FM-300-A
- -Seafire Deluxe Discharge Alarm
- -Portable Fire Extinguishers:
- -Pilot House, Fly Bridge, Galley, Salon, and Master Stateroom
- -Guest cabins: (three in total)
- -Izerwaren fire fighting system located on the foredeck and in the aft cockpit locker