Fastnet 2017

AIDY

www.ybw.com
I'm using the marine ais webpage instead now.... don't know the fleets but get a good idea of what's happening....

Lady Christina the big motor yacht that left at the same time is going well... second place to the tri now heading for cork.

Muddy32

Visit site
Ex Bank Popular almost there and the main leaders off Lands End.
Main Fleet stretched out across the channel from Start Point at 1000 Tuesday.
Some already have come into Dartmouth - must have work to go to!!!

Stotty

Visit site
Our campaign lasted 4 hrs 20 mins... a 10mm stainless bolt snapped holding the stanchion fitting to the deck, and we didn't have a spare on board. Not safe to continue. A year of planning and preparation down the drain. Devastated. We'll be back in 2019.

Concise finished this morning... 42hrs 55min. Volvo boats looked very quick coming past us. Got some great shots of Hugo Boss and Concise in the hour before the start.

Martin_J

Visit site
Scotty

Sorry to hear that... We didn't get around to entering this year.. Perhaps we'll see you on the line in two years time though.

Out of interest - The YB Tracker shows you as DNF. Some of the others have reasons for retirement against their names.. I wondered how they managed to post their full reasons for retirement within the Yellow Brick Tracker site.

Stotty

Visit site
Scotty

Sorry to hear that... We didn't get around to entering this year.. Perhaps we'll see you on the line in two years time though.

Out of interest - The YB Tracker shows you as DNF. Some of the others have reasons for retirement against their names.. I wondered how they managed to post their full reasons for retirement within the Yellow Brick Tracker site.

Yep, it's a bummer. As consolation, I've booked myself a flight to Spain on Friday... going to head down there for a few days, lie in the sun, eat sea food and drink gallons of cheap Rioja.

I heard our guy call our retirement in... he just gave 'gear failure' as the reason... not sure why it's not recorded against us

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Some close racing with the volvos now. IRC 2 has some close racing between first and second... will follow with interest....

rambler will finish before dark tonight.

Stotty

Visit site
Some close racing with the volvos now. IRC 2 has some close racing between first and second... will follow with interest....

rambler will finish before dark tonight.

Pintia and Lisa have been battling it out in all the RORC series races in IRC2. Lisa is skippered by Mike Boyd, commodore of RORC. I flew back from Gurnsey with him after the Morgan Cup... really nice guy.

They'll probably be neck and neck right to the line.

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Pintia and Lisa have been battling it out in all the RORC series races in IRC2. Lisa is skippered by Mike Boyd, commodore of RORC. I flew back from Gurnsey with him after the Morgan Cup... really nice guy.

They'll probably be neck and neck right to the line.

Yup I agree.. do you know if nick the owners onboard.... ive sailed with his dad glen before.

Stotty

Visit site
Yup I agree.. do you know if nick the owners onboard.... ive sailed with his dad glen before.

No idea. As far as I know, the owners don't race on the boat with them.

I'd arranged to have a drink with Mike in Plymouth, but that's obviously not going to happen now... will have to wait until Cherbourg in September.

AIDY

www.ybw.com
No idea. As far as I know, the owners don't race on the boat with them.

I'd arranged to have a drink with Mike in Plymouth, but that's obviously not going to happen now... will have to wait until Cherbourg in September.

Sorry to here about your gear failure..... following Lisa carefully now. Wonder if Lisa will make the rock on this tack, pintia had to tack off a while back.

Stotty

Visit site
I'm cheering For Lisa!

Last time I checked, looked like Rambler had IRC honours. But one of the IRC2 boats will be right up there on HC.

Other threads that may be of interest