Fastnet 2017

Stotty

Visit site
Are you coming into PYH for the party afterwards?

I don't know whether to stay there out of curiosity to see what goes on or get as far away as possible... ;)

We'll be there.

My 1st Fastnet, but 4 of the guys I'm sailing with did it in 2015. They had a good party at the finish.

Stotty

Visit site
Our entry has been confirmed. Submitted my crew registration details this morning.

Have my RYA safety course Saturday morning.

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Good luck... is it a lunch time start this year ? I guess the usual screwternearing will take a while... not looked at the time for the tide to go west...

May watch the start from hurst castle.

horatio_nelson

Visit site
Yes I'm doing my second. Did the 2015 race and enjoyed it hugely but conditions were frustrating particularly between Cowes and the Scillys and we never really got to sail the Class 40 I crewed on to her optimum, so I decided to come back for another go.

The crew is down to 6 rather than 8 and is a better combination of abilities and experience so I'm hoping this will be a more satisfying experience.

Really looking forward to it! :)

Yacht Yogi

Visit site
I'll be there on JT. Finally settled on a crew of 7. Interesting couple of weeks getting the boat weighed and measured. Rating has come down from 1.013 to 1.004 and we get to take an extra spinnaker into the bargain. This is my 1st Fastnet but my kids have both done it before as have some others in the crew. We have sailed a lot of offshore miles together in the build-up. Last practice tomorrow in the Channel Race.

DPH

Visit site
I'm doing it on Fandango, a 40.7.
Then I hope I never do a long distance race in my life again.

Stotty

Visit site
Long way out for the forecasts to be accurate.... they seem to struggle to get it right 2 or 3 days out, never mind almost 2 weeks.

Good luck with the delivery.

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Weather not looking too good for the race? Real problem for us to deliver from N Wales with current forecasts.

Weather doesn't look too great... how do you get on with completing qualifier mileage, keeping the boat in north wales. Keeping a boat in the Solent I guess Rorc organised races are on the door step. Good luck.

Other threads that may be of interest