Ever wished you hadn't started.

Glyn-2008

Visit site
I decided to cure a leak around one of the windscreen wipers that has been weeping for ever. As the engines had not been run for a week or two I started them both up to run whilst doing the wiper. After a few minutes I put them in gear and I found that the port engine would not engage reverse from the lower helm. I found the linkage needed a repair and so started the job only to kick all the fiddly bits into the bilge. So, trying to find the parts in the bilge I found I had 3 inches of water in the skeg compartment where I thought the parts had gone and so turned on the bilge pump only to find the filter became blocked. So, I took the filter apart and washed it out in a bucket on the deck only to slip on my way back and throw the filter, cap and element over the side.
Ever had one of those days?

[2068]

Visit site
Oh Dear, there are some days when the laws of Sod seem to have precedence over everything else, and you wonder what it was you did to deserve such bad Karma from the god of small mechanical things.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Even us engineers have bad days, I've changed a macerator pump on my boat today, what a smelly job it was, at least the new pump has emptied the tank now after the old one gave up and kept blowing the trip.

I remember a recent post on here about cost of pumps, I got mine from vitesse marine at fareham, I have an account but it was about £143.00 plus vat for a genuine jabsco unit with macerated blade and impeller pump in one, some boats have diaphragm pumps which don't like thick sewage.

I also fitted a new accumulator tank to smooth out the domestic tap flow as the new par max 4 pump I fitted recently was a bit fierce on the flow, great shower flow now, better than at home!

All new goodies on a boat I want to sell, hmmm I just doesn't add up,a then again when ever did a boat???

mil1194

www.myitmatters.com
I decided to cure a leak around one of the windscreen wipers that has been weeping for ever. As the engines had not been run for a week or two I started them both up to run whilst doing the wiper. After a few minutes I put them in gear and I found that the port engine would not engage reverse from the lower helm. I found the linkage needed a repair and so started the job only to kick all the fiddly bits into the bilge. So, trying to find the parts in the bilge I found I had 3 inches of water in the skeg compartment where I thought the parts had gone and so turned on the bilge pump only to find the filter became blocked. So, I took the filter apart and washed it out in a bucket on the deck only to slip on my way back and throw the filter, cap and element over the side.
Ever had one of those days?

Dare I saw it happened in port rather that in a swell......

Glyn-2008

Visit site
Yes fortunately, (if the word fortunately can be used in such a sorry saga) this did all occur whilst tied to the dock. Incidentaly, I have cured the leak around the wiper motor shaft but have yet to buy a new filter and even begin to find the fiddly little parts from the morse linkage plate that seem to have completely disappeared under one of the TAM60B lumps. These parts hit everything on ther way down to the bilge and scattered in all directions.