Edible seafood?

Prospero

Visit site
The best books I have come across are By Alan Davidson, died recently. Depending on where you are they are Mediterranean Seafood and North Atlantic Seafood. The first I have had for many years and the latter was reprinted recently and I got it from Amazon.
The format is the same for both books. A catalogue of the fish with drawings of their appearence and references to recipes which are set out in the rear of the book collected by country of origin of the recipe. Their is also a glossary of the different names for the fish in a number of languages.
When I lived down on the Med for 8 years the first book was very well thumbed. I was pleased to see recently that Rick Stein regards them as a bible of fish cookery. Hope this helps and good eating!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Abigail

www.sailblogs.com
Also try and get Neumeyer's 'Sailing the Farm' - an excellent book on what he calls homesteading at sea (americans!)

Lots of good stuff about preserving that huge tuna, but also on many different types of seaweed, sprouting etc - really good stuff. Pat Rand Rose wrote 'The Solar Boat Book' - now pretty old in terms of solar electricity but by far the best book I've seen on other issues around solar power such as food drying, solar cooking etc. Both books excellent for reducing costs, both for fit out and while cruising.

They are out of print and I got them through the various second hand search engines on the net eg abebooks.com. These days of course the used section of amazon.com might have them too. The Neumeyer is harder to get.

HTH

<hr width=100% size=1>Sarah&Pip