Dissapointing Article In MBY

miket

Visit site
Sold mine too.

I recently changed my 600hp Broom 37 (10 tons) consuming diesel at 1 mpg for a 460hp Nimbus (5 tons) which (I'm told) consumes at 2 mpg.

OK there were other reasons, but it was afactor. Nothing to do with being able to afford it, so much as don't wish to afford it.

I know I am not unique! (Well, not in this instance anyway!!!)

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Re: Sold mine too.

You are certainly not unique - so how would you fancy doing say an 80 mile round trip that now costs you 40 gallons but could cost you four time (same as 160 gallons at todays price or 0.5 mpg instead of 2 mpg - I bet that you make you think twice!

Imagine trying to sell your boat when you have to explain those sort of costs for a small trip out.

<hr width=100% size=1>Paul

fireball

Visit site
The change from Red deisel will not have a huge affect on a large number of yachties...

We used a massive 25l from the beginning of august, although not used the boat too much. so - Quadruple this (to 100l for a season) and instead of having to pay <£30 for the fuel we'd have to pay £82 (or there abouts) ... no significant increase to the overall running costs for the year.....

Having said that I do not agree with the proposed changes as it will make it harder to find legal fuel (and at a reasonable price) which will increase the possibility of people putting to sea without sufficient fuel which will increase the call outs on our (already stretched) emergency services - costing more to run!!

The government has slowly raised taxes through every manner except via income tax. It doesn't matter what anyone says - the government want more money - how else can they afford to continue in their luxurious lifestyle....

<hr width=100% size=1>

searover

Visit site
What worreis me in all this is if deisel does go up in price will it mean a lot of insurance claims, that will make it dearer even for me , with my little sailing boat even though its yanmar engine will grt me to the isle of man on a couple of gallons with no wind , my insurance will double with all those claims , only joking of course cos no english gentleman would dream of a false claim, would he ... Happy new year