Buying my first motor boat any suggestions

Maxy24

Visit site
Something like this? I am biased :ROFLMAO:
https://uk.boats.com/power-boats/2010-sealine-sc35-8979875/

SC35 are not speedy boats, but they do flatten waves very effectively, feeling like a 40ft boat, and will trundle along at 22kts in most sensible conditions.
Fairline Targa 34 is faster and sportier, but you lose out on space.

Boats of this size are highly unlikely to be stolen.
But there can be problems where the "title" (e.g. chain of purchase) is not clear, and check for outstanding loans / marine mortgages.
Also, check service history.

A boat survey plus an engine survey is a must.
Thanks will check out the link

bluetooth

Visit site
Something like this? I am biased :ROFLMAO:
https://uk.boats.com/power-boats/2010-sealine-sc35-8979875/

SC35 are not speedy boats, but they do flatten waves very effectively, feeling like a 40ft boat, and will trundle along at 22kts in most sensible conditions.
Fairline Targa 34 is faster and sportier, but you lose out on space.

Boats of this size are highly unlikely to be stolen.
But there can be problems where the "title" (e.g. chain of purchase) is not clear, and check for outstanding loans / marine mortgages.
Also, check service history.

A boat survey plus an engine survey is a must.
Space downstairs, not the cockpit. For T34 vs S34 I had direct comparison. Again its the compromise issue!

SC35

Visit site
Cockpit space miles better on T34

It’s arranged differently, for sure.

The other factor is the canvas arrangement: SC35 has a higher windscreen and the sliding roof thing.
Whether you think being a bit more “indoors” is a good thing or not is entirely subjective 🙂

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
With T34, the first thing to consider is whether you want a pre 88 boat or post 99 one. The former has 'V' berths in the front cabin, the latter has a slight different internal layout meaning that they have an offset double berth.

oldgit

Visit site
Would be inclined to go and look at everything and anything that appears to tick your boxes.
Your " crew" attemping to clamber aboard on a viewing can sometimes be a salutary lesson in the 'actualities' regards that dream boat.
How much room below, the English Climate might suggest you could be spendin more time in there than helming outside with your Ray-Ban Wayfarers on and your hair in the wind.
Other styles and types of boat are available. :)

Maxy24

Visit site
This looks nice
Sealine SC35 9028722 – Burton
Would be inclined to go and look at everything and anything that appears to tick your boxes.
Your " crew" attemping to clamber aboard on a viewing can sometimes be a salutary lesson in the 'actualities' regards that dream boat.
How much room below, the English Climate might suggest you could be spendin more time in there than helming outside with your Ray-Ban Wayfarers on and your hair in the wind.
think you are right on that score
Waters Boat Sales

SC35

Visit site

e.g. the type of boat where you feel as if you are still stuck indoors.

Flybridges make a lot of sense in the larger sizes, or where you are going to be spending a lot of time onboard / overnight.
But you can actually get paid for driving a bus :ROFLMAO:
(Apologies in advance to all Flybridge owners)

Portofino

Visit site
Hi I’m new to this forum and hoping I’m in the right place to post, looking to buy our first motor boat, preferably 10 -11m budget £100/£150k, comfort being the most important thing, look to moor around Chichester and tootle around that coast but not far. Looking at Bavaria 32ht, fair line targa 34, sealine sc35, etc any suggestions, it being a good clean boat the most important thing, but how do you check it’s not stolen and is genuine, I know we will get a survey and sea trial but any other pointers greatfully received, thank you.
If you mean “ comfort “ as riding smoothly through waves , then look for a high dead rise boat .
Google “dead rise and seakeeping “ to get a handle on this term .
Then with that bit of education look at the Windy range .Plenty to go at there .

stelican

Visit site
With T34, the first thing to consider is whether you want a pre 88 boat or post 99 one. The former has 'V' berths in the front cabin, the latter has a slight different internal layout meaning that they have an offset double berth.
Early production of the last T34 model were built a V berth and seem to remember toilet comp was further back.
First one rushed for London Boatshow arrived with aft cabin and loo doors that tried to open into saloon but wouldn't. They took them off for the show.

Last edited:

russ

Visit site

SC35

Visit site
S38 is a great boat with great space inside. But then I'm biased.
Happy to show you around mine anytime. Based on the Hamble.

You can actually walk around the forward berth bed on S38 without bumping into things, and taller sleepers on that berth can put their legs straight without hitting the door.

Greg2

Visit site
Having previously owned a Targa 35 and an S34 and considered/looked at a lot of sports cruisers over the years a Fairline Targa 37 would be on my list if we were in that market again. Finding a nice one would be important because all those that we looked at in the past left a lot to be desired.

This thread prompted me to look at the details of one I have seen on with NYA here and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is a very tidy boat. Love these boats - great lines and a lovely layout and this one appears to have been looked after.

NYA are a great outfit to deal with as well.

Last edited: