Boat insurance

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hi Guys who are you using these days , it’s been 8 years since I last owned a boat now thinking about another , I was last insured with GJW . Thanks in advance.

Greg2

Visit site
After Y yacht insurance sold out I went with another forum recommendation, Curtis Marine, for a year or two before moving to GJW. Surprisingly this years renewal was virtually the same price as last year so stuck with them. They are reasonably competitive and policy wording appears okay although I did have concerns about one element so worth having a proper look at it to make sure you are happy. The element of slight concern is machinery damage as a result of stranding, sinking, fire etc and applicable exclusions.

Last edited:

Shifty

Visit site
I’ve just had an incident which required a claim. Boat repaired in Guernsey within a week and insurance paid out within 10 days!
GJW are highly recommended.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I was with Curtis until they became HKJ this year and their policy had changed which I didn't like, moved to Porthcawl Insurance Consulants Ltd which had a better policy at a reasonable price.
Also with Porthcawl (underwritten by MS Amlin Marine) after Y yacht was taken over by Topsail and premiums rocketed. Topsail wanted 2.5 times as much as Porthcawl !!