Boat insurance

Switch

Visit site
Hi Paul,
I’m with GJW, they are competitive and their policy suits my needs. I’ve previously used Pantaneus and Y. I’ve never had to make a claim (touch wood) so can’t comment on their claims process though.

nortada

Visit site
Not sure if it’s true but I heard they have been taken over this week , when I tried the site for a quote it crashes .
Believe HKJ is underwritten by Amlin.

Been with them for 25 years. One very big claim hit by tornado (£42k+) paid up without a quibble and subsequently my policy was not loaded.

Last edited:

Scubadoo

Visit site
We need to judge insurers by claims experiences otherwise we could say nice things about anyone sat in an office taking money from us year after year and getting nothing in return.
I was with GJW some years ago and did make a claim relating to Electrolysis damage to my Outdrive Trim rams (long story and posted on here at the time, I think) and even with some supporting evidence and after some discussion with their technical lead it was rejected. At the time GJW policy had clauses around electrolysis. I think that has improved now, but worth double checking the GJW policy.

Greg2

Visit site
I was with GJW some years ago and did make a claim relating to Electrolysis damage to my Outdrive Trim rams (long story and posted on here at the time, I think) and even with some supporting evidence and after some discussion with their technical lead it was rejected. At the time GJW policy had clauses around electrolysis. I think that has improved now, but worth double checking the GJW policy.

Interesting, not something that I would have thought is covered.