Arcona Yachts

Seven Spades

Visit site
Most new require about 20-40K above list to put them on the water. With Arcona, they are like BMW's everything is extra so you can expect to add 80-100K to a new boat, so when you see the Arconas at the boat show they look cheaper then the comparable boats. Once you have added the extras they tend to end up at about the same price, so they are not over priced it is just that the pricing structure is very misleading.

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Most new require about 20-40K above list to put them on the water. With Arcona, they are like BMW's everything is extra so you can expect to add 80-100K to a new boat, so when you see the Arconas at the boat show they look cheaper then the comparable boats. Once you have added the extras they tend to end up at about the same price, so they are not over priced it is just that the pricing structure is very misleading.

I think all boats are pretty much like that now. The sticker price is just the starting point. I'd debate £80-£100k though. That's approx twice my estimate, and would give you absolutely everything off the price list, plus a solid gold exhaust elbow on the engine and a fridge full of truffles and caviar.

Incidentally, when we bought ours (Arcona 340) it priced up only a gnat's cock more than an HR310 specced to the same equipment level, which was a shame because we really wanted to take a good look at an HR342, but that went WAY too high.

Way

I think all boats are pretty much like that now. The sticker price is just the starting point. I'd debate £80-£100k though. That's approx twice my estimate, and would give you absolutely everything off the price list, plus a solid gold exhaust elbow on the engine and a fridge full of truffles and caviar.

Incidentally, when we bought ours (Arcona 340) it priced up only a gnat's cock more than an HR310 specced to the same equipment level, which was a shame because we really wanted to take a good look at an HR342, but that went WAY too high.

Agree....the top level of spec upgrade for the 410 is c.75k.

She looks amazing Ken. Did you look at the X yachts at all?

Sailfree

Visit site
Be aware that when comparing different makes of boats you need to identify how some things are calculated. When looking at X boats I was initially pleased at the high ballast ratio but after investigation told by the dealer that the ballast was the keel weight and included the internal galvanised steel frame.

That compared with a conventional GRP boat where the GRP ribs etc that are instead of the steel frame are included in the hull weight.

doris

Visit site
When I was looking 6 years ago I looked at Arcona but went for a Dehler 39 instead. Thought the D39 was better built, better value and had v much better deck fittings. Am still pleased. Will pm later with some other reasons.

dunedin

Visit site
When I was looking 6 years ago I looked at Arcona but went for a Dehler 39 instead. Thought the D39 was better built, better value and had v much better deck fittings. Am still pleased. Will pm later with some other reasons.

Yes Dehler 39 SQ looks a lovely boat - but modern ones are very different, in builder, design and quality

Way

Yes Dehler 39 SQ looks a lovely boat - but modern ones are very different, in builder, design and quality

Yaeh I couldnt see anything I didnt like in the build quality of Arcona. Looks well designed, well thought out and well constructed.

Anyone else own one out there?

Hopefully one of the lovely owners at the SIBS will share some thoughts.....

jofb

Visit site
Jumping in as another happy Arcona owner, I count myself very lucky to have a 430, commissioned in January 2012 & shown at SIBS last year. Really delighted with it. Fast, comfortable and really beautifully built. Went out to Sweden while she was being built and the yard were really accommodating with changing a few things around to suit what we wanted.
Had a Hanse 400 before - a good boat, fundamentally well built where it mattered and sailed well - but the Arcona is in a different league. As one might expect, given the very considerable price differential, but it really is built to do the job with top-quality kit of the right spec or higher rather than down to a budget with kit specced so that it just about does the job provided you don't push it too far. Not knocking the Hanses - I still think they offer great value for money - but we just love the Arcona.

xyachtdave

Visit site
I'll give them my seal approval based on what I've read and looking at them at SIBS. Those UK Sails look a bit tasty too.

Laser310

Visit site
I considered starting a new thread, but this one will do.

Any new thoughts on Arcona generally?

How about the question of Arcona versus X-yachts, and in particular the Arcona 400 vs. the X-40.

I've been on an X-40, and I like it. The Arcona seems just as nice, and I think I like the partially open transom better.

A question about the Arcona 400: Can an adult - say 180cm - sleep on the settees? I really want settees that can function as sea berths, and the Arcona 400 settees look short on the layout diagram. I know that I fit on the X-40 settees.

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
If you're looking at new, then the Arcona 400 has effectively been replaced by the 410, although I suppose they'd build you a 400 if you asked nicely! Used, then it'll be the 400; don't think any 410s have made it the used market yet. Not sure about settee size on the 400/410, but on my 340 Big Nick has bunked down in the saloon and he's about 6'9". Person(s) to ask are Tony or Callum at Arcona, Hamble Point. If they don't know off the top of their heads they'll nip out and measure one.

023 80 45 77 70

Angele

Visit site
I don't know anything about X yachts, so can't help with your main question, but ....

Is this a new boat or a secondhand one?

If new, why the 400 and not the 410? So far as I understand it, they still build both, but the 400 is getting a bit long in the tooth for a new build. Launched in 2001, I believe.

Isn't the 410 a more modern hull design? I assume that performs rather better.

What is the price difference between the two?

Edit: Ken types quicker than I do :)