Arcona Yachts

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
Whether you believe it or not I am unbiased. I just take (underexposed) photos ;)

You can have a look at the Arcona 430 gallery here or the Arcona 460 gallery here

I've sailed the 40, 40DS, 430 and 460

They are all well build, solid (like you can hit a rock at 4-5 knots in the 430 at least...but that is Sweden for you!) and just dent the lead bulb. The newer models are very good sailing boats, well build, good performance, may be a bit too performance orientated (but I sail a Sadler) sweet woodwork, very nice and practical interiors. Not the greatest non slip on deck, but the boats I've been on are new and wax residue might still have been about.

Always struck me as very well build performance cruisers. If I had the money they would be on my shortlist...but so would HR and Najad ;)

430 video here
460 video here

Hope that helps you Ken

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Nothing bad to say about them...but i was very impressed with them at the boat show.... standard of build lay out etc.... would be very tempted for my next boat (maybe the 40)! the only thing i did'nt like was i thought there was a lack of grab handles coming down the companion way but easy to sort. thumbs up from me

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Anyone anything good or bad to say about them? PM me if you'd prefer.

Nothing bad to say!

Just change the back stay arrangement from the one at the boat show, to a split one, or you will get a hole rubbed in the back of your skull.

Also a decent stem head fitting to takle a proper anchor - not the new "cast" Rocna made in China by the way, there be dragons there.

So when ar you placing the order? And whats so wrong with a MAB?

Seven Spades

Visit site
Whether you believe it or not I am unbiased. I just take (underexposed) photos ;)

You can have a look at the Arcona 430 gallery here or the Arcona 460 gallery here

I've sailed the 40, 40DS, 430 and 460

They are all well build, solid (like you can hit a rock at 4-5 knots in the 430 at least...but that is Sweden for you!) and just dent the lead bulb. The newer models are very good sailing boats, well build, good performance, may be a bit too performance orientated (but I sail a Sadler) sweet woodwork, very nice and practical interiors. Not the greatest non slip on deck, but the boats I've been on are new and wax residue might still have been about.

Always struck me as very well build performance cruisers. If I had the money they would be on my shortlist...but so would HR and Najad ;)

430 video here
460 video here

Hope that helps you Ken

God it a tough job, but someone has to do it.

doris

Visit site
Nothing bad to say!

Also a decent stem head fitting to takle a proper anchor - not the new "cast" Rocna made in China by the way, there be dragons there.

Agree about the stem fitting. A mate of mine with a 370 tied an asym to the anchor roller only to have the sail rip the fitting off! Otherwise a very nice boat.

Thought the 34 at the boat show was lovely. Once you get to the bigger boats, less convinced, as that is a very crowded market place.

Refueler

Visit site
Having been guest on a DS40 ... I can say that is one of the best boats in its class I have been on.

If I had the money - that is the only part that I find not to my liking, the Price tag ! - I would have one tomorrow.

They are built just north of me on an Estonian island .... where my race yacht was built.

All boats have faults / design quirks ... I don't think any boat can be truly 100% ... but this was close ....

I hear that some pretty good deals can be made with Arcona direct ... ;););)

Way

Old thread I know but there's not a lot on Arcona out there and I had a look around the 410 at the boat show last weekend. Was really really impressed and they are now definitely top of my (dream!) list. Really well built, designed. Clearly very fast but easily handled. The people on the boats at the show were all owners and just raved about them.

Seven Spades

Visit site
How can a 37ft boat possibly do 10.8 knots through the water? With it was surfing or the log is a long way out. That is much more than it WLL will allow.

Sailfree

Visit site
Is it unfair to compare the Arcona to an X boat as both use a galvanised steel frame for the structural strength and both are similar shapes and considered fast cruiser racers.

I assume X boats are more expensive for same spec?

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Not unfair, but I have no idea how prices compare. Here's mine...

cruisechute.jpg

LouisBrowne

Visit site
Three years ago my wife and I were looking to change our boat and short-listed the Arcona 40, X37 and the HR37. The HR37 was a nice boat inside but not really what we were looking for. The Arcona 40 was a really brilliant yacht to sail but the cost new turned out to be too high for us and there were no secondhand ones on the market. In the end we decided to buy a used X37 of which there were 5 or so on the market. We are very happy with the boat and I suspect she shares many attributes with the Arcona: a delight to steer, effortless speed, decent build quality, comfortable for a couple to live in and easy for a couple to handle. Whatever the relative costs of buying a new X or a new Arcona, I suspect that the comarative rarity of Arconas on the secondhand market must keep their used prices quite high.