Arcona Yachts

Laser310

Visit site
Definitely 2nd hand.

That's why I am comparing with the X-40, which has also been replaced by a new model.

I believe there is a "demo" 410 for sale at about EUR 300K. My budget is somewhat less than that.

Laser310

Visit site
If you're looking at new, then the Arcona 400 has effectively been replaced by the 410, although I suppose they'd build you a 400 if you asked nicely! Used, then it'll be the 400; don't think any 410s have made it the used market yet. Not sure about settee size on the 400/410, but on my 340 Big Nick has bunked down in the saloon and he's about 6'9". Person(s) to ask are Tony or Callum at Arcona, Hamble Point. If they don't know off the top of their heads they'll nip out and measure one.

023 80 45 77 70

Thanks. The settees look pretty long on your boat. If you look at the 400, which is an older design, I think, you see that they are a bit short, and that the starboard settee looks especially short. Also, what you can't see in the layout, but can see in photos is that the cushions wrap around and make the settees effectively even shorter.

In any case, it will be at least a month or two before I can get on one, so if anyone knows about sleeping on the 400 settees, I'd appreciate learning about it.

doris

Visit site
I considered starting a new thread, but this one will do.

Any new thoughts on Arcona generally?

How about the question of Arcona versus X-yachts, and in particular the Arcona 400 vs. the X-40.

I've been on an X-40, and I like it. The Arcona seems just as nice, and I think I like the partially open transom better.

A question about the Arcona 400: Can an adult - say 180cm - sleep on the settees? I really want settees that can function as sea berths, and the Arcona 400 settees look short on the layout diagram. I know that I fit on the X-40 settees.

If you are looking at 2nd hand why not look at a Dehler39SQ. I did 8 years ago in competition with Arcona, X, Maxi and others. The reasons for getting the Dehler are probably still as valid as they were then. I am still happy with the Dehler.

I don't want to get into a 'mine is better than yours ' style argument, if you want to talk about the comparisons , PM me.

Sailfree

Visit site
If you are looking at 2nd hand why not look at a Dehler39SQ. I did 8 years ago in competition with Arcona, X, Maxi and others. The reasons for getting the Dehler are probably still as valid as they were then. I am still happy with the Dehler.

I don't want to get into a 'mine is better than yours ' style argument, if you want to talk about the comparisons , PM me.

They are different builds.

Both x boats and Arcona are performance cruisers with an inner galvanised steel inner cradle frame to take the mast rigging and keel.

I believe the older Dehlers, Maxi (smaller lengths) and Elans while performance cruisers are just conventional GRP. Newer ones are no doubt egg crate type construction with an outer hull glued to a ribbed (egg crate) inner hull like beneteau.

Personally as a Structural Engineer I like the dearer galvanised inner frame with through deck mast but for my budget the Jeanneau Deck Saloon and internal layout aspect took precedence but it's no way a performance cruiser!

Last edited: