A Williams Jet Rib Guide

jrudge

Visit site
Surely your Williams dealer will resolve this is courier the part to you. They are well aware that there products are used away from a marina.

How did you diagnose the issue without a scanner ?

In answer to your questions my personal knowledge is the textron engines. This is Rotax. Bear in mind that they are also used in jet ski so find a jet ski dealer and they will help.

On the textron the engine does not need a reset post a fault. I doubt the rotax does.

The lamda sensor is there only for emissions control. You can run it but the ecu will I assume limit power. If not then ignore it and enjoy your trip.

jfm

Visit site
Hello Lozzer - nice to hear from you and hope all is well.

Agree with Jrudge on both points - if you fit the new part it is very unlikely to need a reset - it should just then work. And meantime you are doing no harm by running the engine with this sensor busted. You might be forced into limp mode but you won't be harming the engine.

Let us know if you get stuck. The part is widely available online in UK and courier-ing to you would be easy.

jrudge

Visit site
The 850 Textron engine had two lamda sensors - one before and one after the catalytic converter. The one after was disabled in software - my guess and it really is a guess is they have had issued with salt water splash back? Clearly there was some issue or they would not turn it off.

The converter also gets gummed up over time - so much so the engine will only idle. This does not happen in a car which also suggest to me some issue with water splash back in the very short exhaust.

As JFM says lamda sensors are widely available - I have the details of the Textron one but if you remove the part then you have in my view decent odds of finding something good enough to work in a car spares place - if indeed it not working does anything other than turn on the engine warning light which you can ignore forever - the boat will never have an emissions test.