upgrading a Suzuki DF4 to a DF6

neale

Visit site
I very much doubt it as no one would buy the 5 or 6hp versions. I think the throttle stop trick may provide a bit more oomph, but you'll probably need to look at the carb and its components before getting anywhere near 6hp out of a 4.

I would love to know the actual answer to this as I have a Johnson 4, which is the same engine as the Suzi DF4, and I was told by the previous owner that it had been up-rated to a 6, but I have my doubts.

truscott

Visit site
Look very closely at the Carb. You may find a thin plate fitted behind it. On the 84 model, the 5HP one has a different size hole in that plate to the 6HP, and the 6HP to an 8HP. All other components (excluding graphics) are identical.

neale

Visit site
If you get time you could cross reference these two web pages. One shows the part numbers for the DF4 and the other for the DF6.

Might give you an idea of which parts are different.

DF4

DF6

If you do, post what you find here as others may find it useful. :D

neale

Visit site
I've had a quick look myself and it would seem that he main differences are in the Carb. Compare the 2 and you see lots of different part numbers and different jet sizes. Interestingly that site does not list the DF5. Could it be that a DF5 is a DF4 with the throttle stop adjusted?