Project OBD!!!!!!! ( Norman 32 refurb )

vas

Visit site
W,

thats 1067X800pixels, not many, anything better else I'll work on that. Unless your phone is really old and crap, it should do more megapixels, unless you've configured it to save low rez.

PSD is the format that Photoshop saves it's files with all the extra info, layering, masks and all the tricks used in that program

cheers

V.

waynes world

Visit site
W,

thats 1067X800pixels, not many, anything better else I'll work on that. Unless your phone is really old and crap, it should do more megapixels, unless you've configured it to save low rez.

PSD is the format that Photoshop saves it's files with all the extra info, layering, masks and all the tricks used in that program

cheers

V.

Burr with kida ill see what else i can find. i have a good phone Samsung 9+

nope all same pixle for some reason, i may well of saved in a crap pixelation,,,is that a word ??? lol

sorry kida. if it wont work no worries.

vas

Visit site
W, haven't forgotten you, I'm also polishing albeit digitally (was busy with my teaching and working on a couple of other projects) Hopefully post something in the next couple of days.
BTW, superstructure will be the same dark colour atm, can play with that at a later point once shape is finalised
Edit to say, on the bow it seems there's some bits painted in a light blue (looks v.messy) will turn them white so that it's more of a contrast with the superstructure.

cheers

V.

Last edited:

waynes world

Visit site
W, haven't forgotten you, I'm also polishing albeit digitally (was busy with my teaching and working on a couple of other projects) Hopefully post something in the next couple of days.
BTW, superstructure will be the same dark colour atm, can play with that at a later point once shape is finalised
Edit to say, on the bow it seems there's some bits painted in a light blue (looks v.messy) will turn them white so that it's more of a contrast with the superstructure.

cheers

V.

Hi V

No rush at all kida. i still cant my head around how it does it. very clever tech stuff. i tried ages ago to do it on a downloaded thing but it blew my head lol.

I am sure what ever you do will be good. Just to get an idea as said to what it will be like, not that easy to stand back and picture it where it is sat now. I was going to make the rear cabin roof flat, it is as you can see sloped slightly, i think i will be keeping this as to keep the lines of the boat.

W

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Wayne Thanks for posting. It is excellent that you got your boat home so that given the current situation you can work on her.

A little tip when you video it is a good idea to hold the phone in landscape direction. It tends to make a better video

Good work as always

Dennis

waynes world

Visit site
Wayne Thanks for posting. It is excellent that you got your boat home so that given the current situation you can work on her.

A little tip when you video it is a good idea to hold the phone in landscape direction. It tends to make a better video

Good work as always

Dennis

I know i messed up there, my apologies, i usually do it the right way. Dont know why i did it that way.

waynes world

Visit site
What do you expect, i am sat here in lock down and have a boat int garden to faff with :)

The rear section or 750mm of the front cabin will be the heads area ( well done the port side ) so this need lifting by 150mm for good head room. I was going to go across the boat with the heads but the heads will be down the Port side. and opposite cupboards.

So why waste time, marked out and cut the thing up. I had to drag the gantry up as this will not be easy on my tod. I could`nt ask my good lady T to help, a bit beyond marriage vows lol.

Had to remove the top screen first , i dont think i will be using it, unless i can mod it to make a new folding screen, easy enough though, well than making a new one.
20200330-145306.jpg

20200331-151932.jpg

20200331-150942.jpg

I marked out and cut , as the bulkhead and these braces were in place i cracked on aas these will hold it while o get the gantry positiond.

20200331-154258.jpg

I enjoyed this bit very much :)

20200331-154243.jpg

Gantry in situ and found these old chain hook things i had in the shed for that long i dotn even know where i got them from, see another good reason not to throw things out :) perfect for the job.

20200331-160445.jpg

Just had to bend them to give abetter angle.

20200331-160436.jpg

And just a matter to crank it up :)

20200331-162157.jpg

20200331-162204.jpg

Plan now is to brace up the roof with battens and MDF backing to laminate it back up to required height.

Before that though, i forgot, i will be blanking up the windows. Help to keep it all straight, and yes i know it would of been better to brace the shell but as i dont have the timber and unable to get any hey ho be reat. The shell didnt flex a whole lot anyway as i expected.

While i am waiting for the GRP gear to arrive i will prep all the edges and grind back :(

Last edited:

sogood

Visit site
I know what you mean! In lock down here also, but the weather is fine and I'm enjoying myself pottering about on my new boat. I'm doing lots of bits and bobs that might have been put on the long finger otherwise. You know when you're anxious to get her wet. All things considered it could be a lot worse. Stay well and safe. Enjoying your progress and happy I don't need a gantry, nor do I have any cutting, grinding, glassing etc. All nice tidying/cosmetic work.

waynes world

Visit site
I know what you mean! In lock down here also, but the weather is fine and I'm enjoying myself pottering about on my new boat. I'm doing lots of bits and bobs that might have been put on the long finger otherwise. You know when you're anxious to get her wet. All things considered it could be a lot worse. Stay well and safe. Enjoying your progress and happy I don't need a gantry, nor do I have any cutting, grinding, glassing etc. All nice tidying/cosmetic work.

Hi kida, we are some of the lucky ones hey, boats at home to faff with. I keep thinking past the first stage and getting it out the way, i dont know anybody yet that enjoys GRP work. well the itchy n scratchy parts. Looking forward to doing the extension though :)

You take care also and safe. Just found i have been given false info so not going to get any money from employed work coming in now for lockdown , good job i have loads of work on my Boat Works lined up to make it up. I will have to go out and get some done even though i have been told to isolate. not to bad with i usually never see many folk about on y jobs.

Hey Wayne, there is a 'Centre Cockpit Cruisers' Group on Facebook
'Canal and River' it says
Dunno if you have seen it?

And theres me thinking you fell out with me kida :) Not spoke heard from you in ages and tried to call you ages ago about a boat, bit late now lol.

But yes, i know of a Centre Cockpit Cruisers page and am a member. not sure on the Canal and River though. ill take a look ;)

waynes world

Visit site
Making a silver lining out of the state were in still.

Got the cabin lifted now for the heads and few other jobs.

I just wish i used the Polisher on the last project, it is better / quicker than the Carbide tipped discs i use in the grinder.

First i blocked up the front Hatch, dont need it as the new windows are removable for an escape if the worst happens.

20200408-144222.jpg

Just a matter to taper back and fill with loads of CSM and Woven, i say tnhta as the shell is around 10mm thick here.

20200409-184531.jpg

Next then is the pig of a hole that the stove flue came out, just not an even surface, dont knowe what i am moaning about, it was easy enough.

20200408-144200.jpg

What makes it uneven is the top is double sandwich construction with two 8mm layers of wood of sorts.

Just used what i could find in foam to shape the profile.

20200409-145901.jpg

20200409-145857.jpg

20200409-150257.jpg

20200409-150405.jpg

As you can see there is a little left of a rail mount , it make me wonder why folk do these things and leave a bit, anyway off it comes, will be making a new one and poss more as some ;look a bit dodgy

20200409-152129.jpg

So time to laminate it all up, in section/layers as it was thick and to much to do it one go, when laminating its get hot with the chemical reaction.

20200409-151645.jpg

20200409-160642.jpg

20200409-184541.jpg

20200409-184546.jpg

As you ca n see in that pic i have done the lift and here we are

20200401-150142.jpg

6 inch /150mm lift for the Heads

20200409-184451.jpg

20200409-184503.jpg

20200405-114504.jpg

20200407-154701.jpg

And like magic

20200409-184646.jpg

Next to do if i can find materials in the `boat yard` is i want to make the hardtop canopy. If i cant i will sort the top screen as that will be collapsible.

Luvin it :)

I have been thinking, well changing my mind like i do, on what to do with the cockpit, i was going to go all wood, but now its full GRP bulkheads and floor with wood seat/lockers.

The GRP will give more support to the shell as i wil be adding knees aswell for 2m/7foot either side of the cockpit bulkheads to brace even more. aswell as run cables/pipe work through.

Back to sleepless nights :)

Captain Faffer ( Youtube name )

waynes world

Visit site
I think this is genius. Good for you and I love the bog roll picture! Mind you I'd probably be less happy with it if you were my neighbour... :)

You know so many have mentioned the `bog roll`.....wonder why that is lol. I wouldnt use it myself lol

So when if your getting drawn in and your ready i have a sander at the ready ;)