My yankee screwdriver

dancrane

Visit site
I think you have the biggest Yankee which is a 131...You don't need to grind anything - just buy the right sized adaptor.

Ah, but there's the rub. I haven't worked out which model mine is, so I can't be sure what is the right size adaptor.

51365457133_12749acc78_w.jpg

Mine is 618mm, maximum. That's substantially shorter than the quoted length of the 131.

So I'm prepared to guess and adjust the adaptor if it's wrong.

Last edited:

penberth3

Visit site
Ah, but there's the rub. I haven't worked out which model mine is, so I can't be sure what is the right size adaptor.

51365457133_12749acc78_w.jpg

Mine is 618mm, maximum. That's substantially shorter than the quoted length of the 131.

So I'm prepared to guess and adjust the adaptor if it's wrong.

You already have a driver bit that fits? Measure its diameter.

dancrane

Visit site
The bits that came with it, seem to be fractionally over 7mm thick. I don't have a micrometer but they're about that.

I assumed that the "1/4-inch Hex" reference is to the diameter of the bits that fit in the hex-socket...

...not the chuck-end of the adaptor that fits in the yankee.

georgebertie

Visit site
The ring that locks and unlocks the spiral extension will often crack, or break.Putting a small hose clip around it saves the day,and also stops the screwdriver rolling away when you put it down on a sloping surface. Especially useful when working at height or on a scaffold.