Closing uk marinas

paradave

Visit site
Why would they? There’s little to no f3f interaction between staff and customers and no real mingling among owners. What do you perceive the risk to be?

Rappey

Visit site
Could be wrong but cant see a marina being closed down. Staff may keep you at a distance, but what if the marina would not let you in, you had a leaky boat and it sank because they denied you access?
Marinas can be entered and exited without any human intervention due to electronic gates etc.
If we are told we are not allowed out of our houses anymore then that is something different !

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Could be wrong but cant see a marina being closed down. Staff may keep you at a distance, but what if the marina would not let you in, you had a leaky boat and it sank because they denied you access?
Marinas can be entered and exited without any human intervention due to electronic gates etc.
If we are told we are not allowed out of our houses anymore then that is something different !
That's what's happening in Greece and Sardinia as we type.

jordanbasset

Visit site
And France, Spain and Italy. Bozo banned all non essential travel yesterday and there is nothing so non essential as driving to your boat and taking it out for a pleasure cruise
Quite, surely anyone who is a follower/believer of Johnson would make sure they followed his advice and did not engage in any non essential travel or go to any pub or restaurant for the next few weeks.

Seastoke

Visit site
We may be called upon to save the civilized world or all the leavers I should have said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawasaki

Visit site
Spoke to three Marinas locally today
None of them has/ had immediate plans for closure/ lock downs
Although all three have quite major repairs and maintenance to deal with
In their cases a short term closure might be no bad thing!
This is me talking by the way
Not a ‘quote’ from any of the above
The feedback I got was unanimous in that the Owners want to keep the Marinas open with as much normality as possible
Government Intervention or Directives, well obviously another story

Momac

Visit site
The UK government haven't banned anything.
I can't imagine marinas are on the governments radar at all.

I consider it is essential to travel to the boat to protect my asset.

The marina may close the door to their office. I don't care about that. However the marina can still sell me diesel and allow me access to my mooring without any personal contact between us. I don't see any reason for any marina to close its gates to its customers.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
The UK government haven't banned anything.
I can't imagine marinas are on the governments radar at all.

I consider it is essential to travel to the boat to protect my asset.

The marina may close the door to their office. I don't care about that. However the marina can still sell me diesel and allow me access to my mooring without any personal contact between us. I don't see any reason for any marina to close its gates to its customers.
Keep us informed.

doug748

Visit site
So can you see it happening where no people and no boat movements.

I don't think anyone can know at this point, I guess it could happen if blind panic takes over. Someone said Belgium had banned all water sports.
I have not seen a Bobby on our village streets for 25 years so who would stop Mrs Doug plunging in the sea every Tuesday morning I have no idea

I antifouled today and hope to launch soon, we shall see.