Mooring near Guildford UK

ashtead

Visit site
Maybe a Feadship🤣🤣-as said Eastbourne is sheltered and well served by fish & chip shops but not much to explore afloat. If driving not an issue and price important you can reduce costs by having limited tidal access ,going under bridges if the air clearance permits on your boat but most importantly going away from Solent hence Portland cheaper but boatfolk have many Welsh marinas for example cheaper still -carrying this to extremes you end up in Blyth or suchlike I guess.

You don’t say present location of vessel which might influence choice in terms of relocating/transporting.

A few years ago on the forum a chap bought a Trader from west country and took it to Norfolk or such like presumably to reduce berthing costs but you get the idea.

Otherwise if you are happy just being parked up without really going away a pontoon mooring not attached to land without power and water etc reduces costs per metre - carrying this to extremes had you thought of a French marina -the costs at say cherbourg are roughly half those of Haslar . I’m sure if summer in France appeals some research on their cheap prices in say Normandy or Brittany might help budget even factoring the ferry/tunnel/airfare . You don’t say what services you might need though from marina eg engines etc which might limit choice along with space . The weather in Brittany tends to be preferable even if not lanzarote in summer and St cast etc not that far from Jersey for fuelling etc.

Likewise a nice berth in the Guernsey quarry marina might be interesting but at a price I guess.

DoubleEnder

Visit site
Might be worth looking at Eastlands Boatyard, at the top of the Hamble. You have to pass below the M27 road bridge with air draught of 13 feet at high water, so I don’t know if your Hatteras would fit. All motorboats there, of course.