www.StolenBoats.org.uk

Joe_Cole

Visit site
Re: \'obviously another narrow-minded jet skier\'

What a pity! A couple of people make what are obviously light hearted jokes and you wade in with a number of assertions which you are unwilling to support. Having been asked for more information you are unable to reply and clearly expect others to do your research for you. (Just for the record; in the same way that I wouldn't be expecting to get unbiased data from the tobacco companies about the dangers of smoking I wouldn't expect to get unbiased data from the person you mentioned.)

You have produced not one piece of evidence and it seems that you are supporting your case with the argument that "it is, because I say it is".

From the claims which you made I was able to show that training amongst the jet ski community is at a relatively low level. It may well be improving, as it should, and I applaud that. However, it is a pity that you are unable to discuss the issue or reply to perfectly reasonable questions which have been put to you.

In response to your apocryphal stories to the effect that 50% of jet skiers are Knights in shining armour, all I can say is that it is not my experience.

It is a great pity that you do not wish to really discuss the issues involved. If you did then I am sure that members of these Forums would be more than happy to debate them with you. Who knows, people might even change their minds?

G

Ahoy there Mr. Stroker01....

Catch this thread on another forum ....

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=789938&page=0&vc=1#Post789938

Maybe you'd like to answer for my experiences and others ?? Considering that I do not accept they are minority, nor do I accept much of what you claim ....

C'mon a reply from such learned chap as yourself is really needed ... ON THE OTHER THREAD !! - this one is not the place ...

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

G

Charity do\'s and RNLI ????

<<When was the last time any of you did anything like this:

http://www.pwcforums.co.uk/wiz/forum_posts.asp?TID=2790&PN=1 >>

You really think you are so special ?? That you and your crowd are the only ones who dip into pockets / organise for RNLI etc. ?? You are sadly mistaken .... a great majority of Yachting people whether MOBO or Sail pay annual subscriptions to RNLI etc. Additionally often will put proceeds of goods sold in a club etc. to the RNLI box or if bigger cheques etc. made out .....

Rally's and get-togethers for Charity do's ....

So why do you quote this as though its Cosmic and so special ..... ??

I applaud you guys for doing it - I wouldn't ride a PWC around the IoW - that must be a cold experience and also subject to risk etc. GOOD FOR YOU ... but please .......... cut out the Sanctimonious We're so Great crap !!! Do your good deed and don't ram it to others - who choose to do theirs quietly ....

Before you quote £6000 - a nice tidy sum I admit .... the Charities like RNLI etc. rely mostly on the STEADY income that annual subscriptions bring in, the one-off jobs as you quote are VERY welcome and shouldn't be decried - but do not provide foundation of the services.

If the total could be added up per section of community - I am sure that little old ladies like my Mother collect more per year than you lot .... GET IT RIGHT before quoting and being Holier than thou ....

VROOM ... VROOM to you an 'all .....

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

G

Yeh - you could say that !

Having been on the receiving end of their stupidity - nearly causing my wife to go overboard, actually side-swiping and swamping my boat etc. - you could say that my tolerance is somewhat limited.

neilfs

Visit site
Re: [url]www.StolenBoats.org.uk[/url]

[ QUOTE ]
If you would like to contact the Personal Watercraft Partnership with reference to figures, i'm sure you'll find Chris Parry will be happy to oblige.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Chris Neville-Parry, http://www.pwpuk.org/

If you're going to name drop, get the names right. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stroker01

www.xwts.co.uk
re: those who will not listen to reason......

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Neville-Parry of the PWP (Personal Watercraft Partnership) is always happy to help, at: http://www.pwpuk.org/ (paragraph before the one you quoted Neil !)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to name drop, get the names right. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif - NEILFS

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> 'I DID NEIL, I DID' 'onest guv'! </font> /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif !!!

neilfs

Visit site
Re: re: those who will not listen to reason......

I've had a long chat with some of you today away from this forum...

Essentially The Solent Skiers Assocation wishes to make it clear that Stroker01 does not represent us, and his links to our club forum were not appropiate.

Facts and figgures, yes they can be cooked to say anything, the bottom line is there are a large number of PWC users who act in a professional manner, there are also many idiots (and thats putting it lightly).

I like to think I am one of those professional users, and I must admit seeing a generalisation that ALL PWC users are idiots makes my blood boil - but not at you, at the idiots who give our wonderful sport such a bad name.

Anyone interested in learning more about our club, or PWC's should feel welcome to contact us:

http://www.solentskiers.org.uk

or the PWP:

http://www.pwpuk.org

Many thanks.

Neil, SSA Club Treasurer.

keithandre

Visit site

I think this site is a good idea, Having had my 26ft cruiser taken from its moorings, after many stressful hours found it upriver in the process of going through a lock at 04.30am. Affender arrested and in court today. Suggest they bring back hanging from the yard arm.

BrendanS

Visit site

Do you have any more details. How did you track it down, and was the culprit already known to the police?