Wreck under my hull.

Big John

Visit site
This is a long shot but I recall earlier in the year there were some reports and photos of a sunken boat on the opposite bank just up stream across from Windsor Marina. I am sure it was close to a small boat moored in the trees. Does anyone remember or have any photo's? The reason I ask is due to the recent strong stream conditions the sunken vessel has been pushed down river and unfortunately has come to rest under my hull at the mooring at Boveney Lock. Both the EA and my insurance company have been informed.

Apart from photos etc. was the sunken vessel reported to the EA at the time? If so, was any action taken by the EA? As you can understand I now have a problem and the cost of getting my boat clear of the wreck and checking that there is no damage done to my hull and/or under water gear. The second issue, who is responsible for the removal the wreck and who pays? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

View attachment 169239View attachment 169240

Big John

Visit site
UPDATE.
Water level has came up quite considerably and I was able to rock the boat with help from my freinds and the wreck slipped under my hull and was last seen going through the open weir gate heading down to Windsor.

Will now need to wait to recommision the engine from the winterization and see if there has been any dammage to the prop/propellor and ruder. We are still on Red Boards so cannot take the boat to be lifted yet.

For those intersted, looking at the wreck as it slipped out and floated down to the weir it was the boat that was sunk opposite Windsor Marina.

Alls well that ends well.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Presumably you told the lock keeper about this. I suppose it might fetch up on the bend further down the River later if it is partly buoyant. If it wasn't partly buoyant it seems unlikely it would have got as far as your mooring.

Big John

Visit site
Presumably you told the lock keeper about this. I suppose it might fetch up on the bend further down the River later if it is partly buoyant. If it wasn't partly buoyant it seems unlikely it would have got as far as your mooring.

The wreck was not buoyant and this shows the bow of the wreck under my hull.

And yes the EA was informed directly with the area Navigation Officer and Boveney Lock Keeper. Also my insurance company. The wreck is some where down stream in Windsor. So be aware,
IMG_2213.jpg