Wish list.

Allan

Visit site
I have assembled a wish list for my next boat and would like some suggestions of makers and models to look at. Also any suggestions of anything I will need add to my list. My plan is to move onto the boat alone and sail first on a tour of the Irish sea, then onto southwest UK and northern France. Later I may think about the French canals.
Wish list.
30-33 feet.
Must take to the ground.
Preferably steel, maybe grp.
Some shelter for helming or standing watch while autohelming.
Seakindly.
Good separate sleeping cabin, if aft the access directly from saloon.
Headroom, I'm 6ft, in at least part of the boat.
Electrical system that is self sufficiant.
Large watertank.
Shower.
Heating.
I realise I will need to compromise on some of the above and other things can be fitted later.
Now the thing which will make it even more difficult, the budget.
The total for purchase and preparation must not excede £20000 and my annual budget will be £10000.
Many thanks in advance.
Allan

Allan

Visit site
Thanks Execimp I hope your help and others will make Mr Smith eat his words. I have seen some Macwester Wights advertised and they look close, I would prefer a little more space but I know my budget may get in the way. I have added the need for some headroom to my list, do you know how the Macwester does on this point?
Allan

Stocky_Helm

www.sverigeturism.se
This will do it (almost) you can take the ground as long as you
park next to a wall.

http://marinedirectory.ybw.com/boat/new/boat_details1.jsp?id=38985&curr_id=1
Y38985.jpg

Jonny_H

www.freewebs.com
Long list, hows this:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1527676/0

Per your list:

30-33 feet <span style="color:blue"> A shade under at 28 </span>
Must take to the ground. <span style="color:blue"> Bilge Keels
</span> Preferably steel, maybe grp. <span style="color:blue"> GRP, but very strong</span>
Some shelter for helming or standing watch while autohelming. <span style="color:blue"> "Well protected cockpit" </span>
Seakindly. <span style="color:blue"> Yes </span>
Good separate sleeping cabin, if aft the access directly from saloon. <span style="color:blue"> Yes </span>
Headroom, I'm 6ft, in at least part of the boat. <span style="color:blue"> Yes </span>
Electrical system that is self sufficiant. <span style="color:blue"> Add a solar panel - rest is there </span>
Large watertank. <span style="color:blue"> 23 gallons </span>
Shower. <span style="color:blue"> Easy to retrofit </span>
Heating. <span style="color:blue"> C'mon - give me a break - I got the rest!! </span>

Hows that for a start??

Jonny

Allan

Visit site
Yes, I remember seeing the Tom Thumb some time ago. I thought I would need at least the 26 but may take a look anyway. Thank you.
Allan

purplerobbie

Visit site
I have a boat i'll sell you? It dosent fit most of you requirments but it's a lovely well equiped boat and it's in the right size range!! looks like that pic to!!

A

Anonymous

We found the boat search on this website the best resource of all when we were looking for our boat. Many boats that are featured on other websites also appear here. Just put in the main constraints - price, length, material, type and location - and see what comes up. But first of all, find out what sort of discount people tend to offer at the moment for a fast cash buyer. You might get 20% or more.

Allan

Visit site
I think this string will soon drop of the bottom of the page. Can I thank veryone for not only the help but also proving to me (and chap who said I was dreaming!) that it is possible and will happen.
Cheers to you all.
Allan