Windlass only works if engine running

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Don't worry about people anchored behind you - its the ones directly to windward you need worry about, especially if their yacht is bigger and heavier than yours but use specific unmentionable products that are not high on the Panope charts

I had withdrawal symptoms before we sold.

Jonathan
All true except I humble suggest you look up some of the basic concepts in ‘pantomime’ in the context of my post?

Neeves

Visit site
On my new to me Leopard 43PC, by design, the windlass only works if the port engine is running. OK, I understand the windlass draws a big amount of current from the batteries and it's good practice to only use it when an engine is running but I find it unusual the builder imposes this on us. There will be times you may want to put out or take in a meter or so of chain and it seems overkill to have to start an engine. Am I missing something?
You specifically and, presumably, intentionally invited all and sundry to make a quick Google search to define exactly what you had bought. If you had not wanted to have members (and non members) to know what your purchase was and did not wish to invite, what you term 'stalkers', you could have solicited the answer by a much more vague initial post. I confess I should have checked at the outset, not later as the thread ran its inevitable course.

Having defined what you had purchased my interest waned as a pair of 250hp engines is well beyond our interests and wallet - the fuel costs alone would scare, especially with current fuel prices.

I did note your choice of model included the forward cockpit, which is also available on the sail version, and has engendered comment in the past. I was interested in how it works in rough seas, as we have had seas breaking straight over our cabin roof, on a 38' sail cat, on a beam reach crossing Bass Strait.

Jonathan

Neeves

Visit site
The idea of this forum is for people to share, not only with the OP but with others who might be interested in the topic or related topics. You obviously disagree which is sad and unlikely to be adopted as a new rule, not by the Mods and nor by the members.

But hope springs eternal and I await admonishment from the Mods.

As soon as you post I understand you lose title to your thread and posts - they become the property of YBW and none of us are able to dictate what happens to them.

In the meantime as I suggested earlier you can place me on 'ignore' and then none of my posts will appear on your screen - ever again.

Good luck,

Jonathan