Where do you keep your anchor ball?

Wansworth

Visit site
I think there should be a return to the use of signals and flags,there is no doubt that for example you could let fly the signal “you are standing in to danger” whilst on starboard on a busy weekend in the Solent or set the “NUC” shapes whilst stopped for tea and the very useful “reduce your speed” a two flag signal.There is a code book that covers most eventualities including pregnancies?

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
I think there should be a return to the use of signals and flags,there is no doubt that for example you could let fly the signal “you are standing in to danger” whilst on starboard on a busy weekend in the Solent or set the “NUC” shapes whilst stopped for tea and the very useful “reduce your speed” a two flag signal.There is a code book that covers most eventualities including pregnancies?
‘England expects‘?

Paulfireblade

Visit site

There is always five short blasts of the horn which I believe translates to:

“WTF you doing”

Never done it but been tempted once Or twice

Last edited:

Stemar

Visit site
There is always five short blasts of the horn which I believe translates to:

“WTF you doing”

Never done it but been tempted once Orr twice
We live within hearing distance for a ships horn from Southampton water. We probably hear that about once a month. Also heard it in Portsmouth Harbour the other day. Was tempted to use it myself when a committee boat approached us from the port side and obliged us to alter course (both under power) He just wandered on and dropped anchor pretty much where we'd have hit him if I hadn't dodged.

[2574]

Visit site
Yacht Eos anchored in the Clyde this afternoon, anchor ball deployed as one would expect…….

eos.png

interesting how the anchor chain is not visible but the ball gives certainty that she’s laying to anchor. Simple and effective.