When is it going to end?

jimi

Visit site
Little feet

.. and there was me thinking it was cos things did'nt grow in the shade ..

<hr width=100% size=1>
sailboat_e0.gif

claymore

Visit site
So, is the problem

That she will have to sail against her best friend instead of with her?

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Steve_Bentley

Visit site
You\'re all missing the point

Just for the record, the correct answer is:

About 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon, Eastern Time, shortly after someone with a Texan drawl shouts 'George, man, don't sit on that console!!!'

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulineb

Visit site
Bettsy-lou

You don't seem to have done much to Bettsy-lou since you first got her - what are your plans ?

<hr width=100% size=1>Pxx

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery>The Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

Divemaster1

Visit site
Never ending..

Suzanne,

Guess that this will never end... Males and Females will never be considered 100% equal due to the "little difference" that the majority of the human population seem to appreciate...
Personally, I would welcome ladies (young and mature) onboard in a competitive environment, as they are excellent team members and are very good at instilling team spirit. Also I see it as a major benefit to have a light, fit person at the bow...

With respect to the why and the younger generation, I suspect it has something to do with the ongoing competition between the sexes both academically and in other areas. This sport has been male dominated for quite some time and the young males may now see the females as a competition to their position onboard the boat (would not look good if they got "bumped" off the boat by a female.... not good for the ego...). As such, and in the stereotypical male reaction pattern, they may feel that their best defence is a joint attack against the perceived threat. The only way you could efficiently defeat that attitude would be to round up enough females to have a "all female" crew and beat them in a competition, to gain respect and acceptance of skills.

On a motorboat, where you do not have to handle sails, I do not see any reason why not more females are at the helm. Of course this must assume interest and aptitude for the tasks required to be undertaken...

<hr width=100% size=1>Alf

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
i agree
would love lou to become a good helm.
quite frankly it bores me, long stints on the helm
much prefer tinkering with the string.

last time took lou out in a big bay she almost hit the only boat at anchor in the bay. she has since given up and sits topless at the front now.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>