+1 please.
Basic tomato puree.
Vinegar (wine and balsamic.
Small tin pineapple chunks(or fresh)
Honey
Ground ginger
Tiny amount of ground clove.
Add cornflower to thicken slightly.

What I do is make 4 times the amount of sauce I need when I decide to have a sweet 'n' sour chicken or pork.
I then put the remainder into jam jars when piping hot . Lids on and when they cool the "button" pops down---keeps forever !
Don't ask about quantities of this or that---half the fun is tasting it as you go along. Just be VERY sparing with the clove!

NornaBiron

www.flickr.com
I know they're only burgers, and they're dead easy to make, but I'm impressed with my new burger maker/shaper. How nice is it to have homemade burgers that don't fall apart when you cook them!20160406_183048.jpg

Carmel2

Visit site
Anyone want to buy some pork and leek sausages? Think we may have overdone it this time!

2yz0s5v.jpg

Robin

Visit site
Not to be left out, I've been testing some pressure cooker recipes at home to use on the boat. We have a S/S stovetop ( ie non-electric) PC both at home and on the boat. Have had good success with braised lamb shanks in red wine with onions, carrots, potatoes all cooked same time in one pot. Also very good results with a meatloaf in the pressure cooker, also with veggies, cooks in just 15 minutes, good first day hot, second day cold or in sandwiches.. Then there is home made creamy tomato soup with parmesan and basil, made 4 quarts yesterday as we have fresh local grown plum tomatoes on sale locally for just $1.40/lb Soup takes just 10 minutes to cook but needs a stick type blender to get really smooth results( I found a 2 speed 200w one on sale for just $15 and it will run off our 2Kw inverter on board) I could also 'can' the soup in the pressure cooker for longer term storage but it is so delicious it usually gets used immediately

FullCircle

Visit site
We're finally back on the water and have just started our first brew of white wine; should produce 7 litres of drinkable plonk in about three weeks.
How does brewing wine onboard not end up as a cloudy mess or spilt into the bilges?
Intrigued now.

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
How does brewing wine onboard not end up as a cloudy mess or spilt into the bilges?
Intrigued now.

We make it in an eight-litre water bottle, which sits wedged in a plastic box in the lazarette with a small hole in the cap - it takes about 10-12 days - and we occasionally get the odd drip/splash/spurt, but nothing that won't clean-up easily. For the 'maturing' stage - another 10-12 days - we decant it into a fresh jerry jug, with a solid/firmly closed cap leaving 90% of the sediment behind; it then sits on the saloon floor below the chart table, securely strapped and very close to the boat's centre-line, after which we just choose a day when we've been anchored quietly for a couple of days and decant for a second time. It's rarely 'crystal' clear, but we've usually got 98/99% of the sediment out of it.