Weekend ahead

TerrifiedTony

Visit site
Shamrock Quay on Sunday for first solo (well solo with daughter) trip out if this weather holds. I was told vaguely what all the buttons do after my 5 minute handover from the broker so I am going to pootle about at a few knots pressing them all and seeing what happens. Apologies in advance to anyone who may cross my path !!

In case some of you are genuinely worried we will be doing the ICC for two days next weekend so things should improve from then on.

<hr width=100% size=1>

miket

Visit site
Don't forget to check the weather forecast.

This site shows F5 up to F7 in our area. You may prefer to at least stay within the Solent rather than going for Poole.

I'm back in the water at Shamrock Quay and looking to get everything straight inside with a quick dash to Cowes and back to warm up the engines.

<hr width=100% size=1>

NorthernWave

Visit site
Yes I noticed a strong wind but with it being north easterly things shouldn't be to scary. Think it might be best to stay fairly local rather than poole though.
Average wave height on chichester bar at the moment is just 0.3 metres.
www.chimet.co.uk

Chris

P.S Might get some windsurfing in too!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>Logged Sea Miles wanted for masters. Send PM if your on south coast and want skipper or crew.

Moose

Visit site
Things will be scary at Poole, when we went there in NE wind (when we met you) It was a nightmare going North Westish up the channel, we were rocking all over the place e.t.c

<hr width=100% size=1>
moosewalk.gif

Moose

BrendanS

Visit site
Jon Bailey and myself had a cracking day out. Poole wouldn't have been a problem. Wind was pretty much F5 ESE initially, exactly what the forecast said.

Bit bouncy out of Lymington to Newton Creek at 10:30 but nothing exceptional. By the time we came out and headed to Yarmouth for lunch it was nearly calm. After lunch we went and poked round the entrance to Keyhaven, but it was a little shallow for comfort at low tide, and grounded skeg. So gave up on that.

So went for a blast round Hurst Castle down North Channel towards Poole. Almost flat calm. Bit bumpy when we went back into Solent at the Needles, but again, nothing special.

Sun was out, face sunburnt. Lovely day out.

Think I'll go visit Duncan in Poole or Wareham tomorrow.

NorthernWave

Visit site
SAME!!

Sunburnt face!!

Had a fantastic weekend....

Friday night left chich at about 7.30pm headed across to cowes but decided to head into pompy (Gunn Wharf) as it was getting rough,
Saturday chickened out of Cowes again and went up to Port Solent for a night out on the tiles. Sunday left PS Early and headed to Cowes for lunch then went across to southampton upto Town Quay did a photo shoot in the channel then headed back to cowes followed by a slightly lumpy ride to chich from cowes. Lost the paddle off the Tender somewhere along the way :eek:(
Got to Chich and some raggy had run aground so had to chuck a U'y and go to the pub until the could move him.

Oh I love boats!!!

Chris

P.S. Where will I find a paddle for my tender or is this the excuse needed to buy a new tender?

<hr width=100% size=1>Logged Sea Miles wanted for masters. Send PM if your on south coast and want skipper or crew.

Forbsie

Visit site
I can do you a lovely varnish 20' one. How big is you're tender? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/forbsie?&page=1>My Project</A>

NorthernWave

Visit site
Will it fit on my forty foot rib?
Will it match the other 17 I have?
Is the varnish the same colour as the varnish on the drum the cox uses?
Can you get me a new horn for my helmet too?

Chris

BrendanS

Visit site
Wasn't it great!

It's when I get out on the boat I remember why I love it so much. Jon was the same, both of us happy and relaxed after a tough week at work. I think I'll go for a record this year, and see just how many weekends and weekday evenings I can use the thing after the months off the water I had last year.

<hr width=100% size=1>