Webmaster - query

G

From time to time, I have tried to print off interesting posts to pass to colleagues.This is not entirely successful as the printed page loses 15/16 letters down the right-hand side. There does not seem to be anything I can do at my end - i.e. on my own computer - to correct this by shifting the post to the left.
Any ideas?

BarryD

Visit site
Printing Posts

Tag the whole text and copy it into a decent editor. By tag I mean block the whole lot and then use Ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard and then Ctrl-V to paste it into word. I thionk there was something on the forum forum (at the bottom) a month or so ago.

Barry D

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Sorry, our 800 pixel width site will mean that you miss off the right-hand edge on some default print settings. However, a few options:

a) on some of the latest browsers you can reduce the printed page size in the print options;

b) you can mail the text to yourself by using the envelope icon at the foot of the message and then set it up any way that you like;

c) you can paste it into a text editor.

Hope that helps.

Associate Publisher ybw.com websites kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

Strathglass

Visit site
You could reduce the right margin which will give you a little. but as the previous post states using landscape mode certainly worked for me.
I found this especially anoying when printing price lists with the pricing info on the right.

G

Thanks for all the speedy replies - I now have a choice of ways to solve the problem, all of which seem to work.

Other threads that may be of interest