VP Rudder Position Indicator or something else

aquatom

Visit site
If it's an outdrive boat then Aquatom's point above about hydraulic steering creep would suggest that the £30 option will end up being wrong in due course.

Personally I'd spend the money and fit the the correct volvo xact cable and rudder indicator; if nothing else it will help when the time comes to sell the boat. You (or any subsequent purchaser) also won't be able to fit an autopilot without this.

I've got the volvo arrangement on my T40 and the original (non-xact) cable recently gave up, and I've really noticed not having the indicator. I'm impressed by anyone who can fit this in the water though, the xact cable is an extremely tight fit through the transom shield, and both SSL in Brighton and RK Marine have said that it is a lift-out job.

Cheers
Jimmy

The cables I have fitted in the water have been in the Med. You back the boat up to the beach so you can stand on the bottom. It's a great job to do in August when you really are looking for a way to cool down. I wouldn't fancy it in the uk though (you need to be able to see what you are doing!)

If the cheap option is stuck on with Velcro then I suppose it is adjustable.