Volvo MD2040 relays

Copious

Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement VP part No.873765/873604.
I am not on the boat and was wondering if anyone had a photograph or details of a match/serial number to avoid VP prices!
Many thanks,

Copious

Copious

Visit site
Many thanks Erwin, a most prompt response,
From what I can see from the exploded parts diagram it appears to be a 4 pin relay.
Copious

Last edited:

Beneteau381

Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement VP part No.873765/873604.
I am not on the boat and was wondering if anyone had a photograph or details of a match/serial number to avoid VP prices!
Many thanks,

Copious
IIRC They are bog standard car relays. Look on them forthe amperage rating. The biggest issue with them is that the connectors become loose, some gentle adjustmentfixes the prob

VicS

Visit site
Many thanks,

Copious

ITYWF it has been replaced by 21400091

Try Keypart. They are usually a lot less pricey Keypart

Copious

Visit site
Thank you all.
Erwin: From the VP parts diagram and the wiring diagram it is only showing it as a 4 pin, whereas the Wehrle one is 5?
VicS: The Keypart one is still showing a 5 pin configuration, although the web photo might just be a generic shot.

Never Grumble

Visit site
They go in to a connector box iirc
If they are the same as the 2030 then yes they are in a metal box, in which the relays fix into plastic blocks and the wires are held in in the plastic relays block by way of being female spades with barbs. I bought two new relays thinking it was the problem but is was the female spades had lost their barbs and had dropped down. I tried to fix by pushing up but that never worked, so has to cut the old terminals off and then crimp new ones on. I am of course assuming we are talking about the starter and glow plug relays if not apologies and forget what I said.

Copious

Visit site
Thank you all for your input.
Now located at Arnold Clark for £12 for 2 (including the postage!) in case any one needs a cheaper source,
Copious