vivacity 650 info

duke

Visit site
I owned one about 20 years ago - a bilge keeler.
Before I bought I researched info available at the time.
It was accepted at that time as being a very seaworthy boat with good internal space and safe cockpit. The layout inside was good with a sea toilet and sliding galley.
I can say that mine lived up to its reputation although I would have preferred
a fin keel as leeway to windward was large.
As a first boat with a young family it was first class. Good value for money but
as always wait for a good example. Go view as many as you can.

Good luck,

Duke.

P.S. You may be able to get reports from Yachting Monthly.

<hr width=100% size=1>

chrishewett

Visit site
I have a 650 which I bought about two years ago. I posted a similar message and had almost no reply. Since then I have managed to learn a lot about the boat and am very pleased with mine. If you have any specifice queries mail me and I will be happy to help if I can.
Chris
chrishewett@supanet.com

<hr width=100% size=1>

castaway

uk.groups.yahoo.com
I had an Alacrity 18ft 6in weekender back in 1975. These were just a smaller version of the Vivacity.

Mine was incredably tough and took me and my girlfriend to the Med and back, and survived so interesting weather over the 6 months we were away.

I,m sure the performance would be a stodgy compared with more modern boats of a similar size, particulary to windward, but I was very pleased with mine

I am almost certain that there is a web site for these Vivacitys. Try a search.

Regds Nick

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yachtsite.co.uk/fairweather>http://www.yachtsite.co.uk/fairweather</A>

There are 1 or 2 pics of my old boat on the this site.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Greylaguk

Visit site
I may have this wrong - I'm sure that someone will correct me if I have - I believe that the vivacity/alacrity/jaguar 22 are similar yachts. For 12 years I owned a Jag22 with lifting keel, lifting coach roof, basic diaphragm-type sea toilet and sliding galley for It was my first yacht and it was a super wee boat. There used to be a Jaguar owners association, I got some spares from them - sorry, I cant find address, but it was Canvey Island area. I also recall some posts in Reader to Reader on the subject a couple of years ago. Try search engines on Jaguar 22 and it may help.

<hr width=100% size=1>

dickh

Visit site
There definately is a website, but can't quite put my finger on it. Try looking under Vivacity on Google - I'm sure they were the same boat built by different yards.

<hr width=100% size=1>dickh
I'd rather be sailing... :) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

TonyTitch

Visit site
I remember reading this a couple of years ago when I was trying to properly identify my own boat - registered as an Alacrity but about 6.5 metres. I remember there being a Vivacity owners' association. I think the firm on Canvey Island were Russell Marine, and that they are now at North Walsham, Norfolk. I think my own boat - Pim- was custom built using one of these hulls.
TT

<hr width=100% size=1>