Unsupported row around UK

dunedin

Visit site
Now I sometimes row the dinghy backwards - as when pottering in beautiful surroundings you get a better view. But according to Marine Tracker they have been rowing backwards since about Fraserburgh :)

PS Assume it is a portable AIS device and orientation gets moved

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Now I sometimes row the dinghy backwards - as when pottering in beautiful surroundings you get a better view. But according to Marine Tracker they have been rowing backwards since about Fraserburgh :)

PS Assume it is a portable AIS device and orientation gets moved
Currently making 0.4k punching ebb.

Must be frustrating.

I wonder if there will be voice/written reports from them.

bikedaft

Visit site
Idly wondering how they are getting water? Watermaker? Collecting rain? Surely would be too much to start with the required quantity, especially as exercising ?

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Idly wondering how they are getting water? Watermaker? Collecting rain? Surely would be too much to start with the required quantity, especially as exercising ?
Guessing that every lifeboat station they pass will supply them with water, Mars Bars, local brews ............

jamie N

Visit site
I see that they appear to be at anchor in Bervie bay. Given the weather, I can't blame them, nor does it seem to be a whole lot better in the future.

jamie N

Visit site
Looks to have been a 'bad day' again for them; maybe 6 miles and anchored since 13:30.(n)
The weather really is crap for them and I'd have given up, that's for sure.
LMF

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
I am sat at home bored, can't get out on the boat, weather really is pants at the moment and no end in sight to this dismal spell. I really do hope it improves for them, not least because if the trip takes longer than planned they might run low on provisions. Did they pack a fishing rod?

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
I am sat at home bored, can't get out on the boat, weather really is pants at the moment and no end in sight to this dismal spell. I really do hope it improves for them, not least because if the trip takes longer than planned they might run low on provisions. Did they pack a fishing rod?
Likewise on the East Coast. Poor last year as well. Possibly, El Nino is having more of an effect than anticipated.