Underwater lights.... Nothing new!!

MapisM

Visit site
the SY engineers get the superior LED technology/electronics/software etc very quickly
I suppose you're referring to the bling part of the electronic and software, not to the optimization/lumen efficiency, right?
I can't imagine lower consuption for any given lumen level to be a key factor on boats which typically have at least one genset running all the time, unless connected to shore power...
But I'm actually mentioning this because in the last dive I made, we went in some U/W caves, and some more powerful, lighter and lasting longer torches would have been handy.
And since IIRC your systems are supposed to be the most efficient around, I was wondering if you ever considered building also U/W torches.
It's a niche market of course, and probably most clients are not willing to pay megabucks anyway, but that is definitely an application where efficiency is extremely critical - way more than on MoBos.
Besides, I'm not sure if SeaRush is a diver, but even if he isn't, he could probably accept that divers using such lights don't necessarily need psychiatrict help... :D
Glad to be a beta tester, if you would want to consider the business idea! :)

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
(snip)
Besides, I'm not sure if SeaRush is a diver, but even if he isn't, he could probably accept that divers using such lights don't necessarily need psychiatrict help... :D
Glad to be a beta tester, if you would want to consider the business idea! :)

Indeed, I can see the value of underwater torches for divers - and the safety value of being able to attract attention to themselves when bobbing about in black rubber at night.

wakeup

Visit site
Indeed, I can see the value of underwater torches for divers - and the safety value of being able to attract attention to themselves when bobbing about in black rubber at night.

Could you therefore see the benefit for divers on the bottom or about to surface being able to see the support boat because it is using underwater lighting?

jfm

Visit site
No problem with anyone driving a Veyron etc, in fact I would show an interest in the car - but to "bling" it up with Angel eyes, under floor LED's & mahoosive bass speakers might make me avoid the driver like the plague. I run a classic V8 Mercedes roadster, but there is NOTHING in or on it that isn't original, or contemporary - including me!

What's this thing about night swimming, anyway? I like sunshine, or at least daylight, for sea swimming. Good job we are not all the same, I suppose. Good luck to EME, may he long continue to find people with a need to demonstrate that they have more money than sense. :D
You have completely missed the point, but we've done this to death so we can happily agree to disagree :)

MapisM

Visit site
Could you therefore see the benefit for divers on the bottom or about to surface being able to see the support boat because it is using underwater lighting?
Oi, you're making me appear like I wanted to ambush the poor SeaRush with such correlation...! :)
Which wasn't the idea, honest. It's indeed a serious question to EME.
Besides, there are already the so called strobe flashlights, for such purpose.

Last edited:

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk

Not really, night dives are uncommon & the support boat stands out as dark against the light coloured surface of the sea. Don't you ever watch diving on the telly, or swim under your own boat?

wakeup

Visit site
Not really, night dives are uncommon & the support boat stands out as dark against the light coloured surface of the sea. Don't you ever watch diving on the telly, or swim under your own boat?

It is like trying to have a conversation with Father Jack... Feck, Drink, LEDs, Girls. :D

wakeup

Visit site
:confused: is that the best you can manage?

Childish insults simply show that you know you have lost the point. I'm disappointed in you.

Well, don't you think you are childish coming stalking the mobo forum and denigrating anything that isn't hair shirt sailing. Why don't you boogger off to the PBO forum where your comments will be wanted. It is very childish to piss on everyone's chips over here, repeatedly, without any material positive contribution. Now that is childish.

Now where is Bishop Brennan? I have an uncontrollable urge to kick him up the a$s.:):D

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Well, don't you think you are childish coming stalking the mobo forum and denigrating anything that isn't hair shirt sailing. Why don't you boogger off to the PBO forum where your comments will be wanted. It is very childish to piss on everyone's chips over here, repeatedly, without any material positive contribution. Now that is childish.

Now where is Bishop Brennan? I have an uncontrollable urge to kick him up the a$s.:):D

You'll have to get me banned if you can't tolerate an opinion other than your own, ya know! :cool:

Incidentally, I've seen nothing yet to even start to convince me that medallion wearing, chest wigs, boat pimping & Bling is everyone's cup of tea. Abuse says more about you than me.

Erik C

Visit site
Eclipse. She must take the cake.

1640725.jpg

wakeup

Visit site
You'll have to get me banned if you can't tolerate an opinion other than your own, ya know! :cool:

Incidentally, I've seen nothing yet to even start to convince me that medallion wearing, chest wigs, boat pimping & Bling is everyone's cup of tea. Abuse says more about you than me.

You are sad.

MapisM

Visit site
Eclipse. She must take the cake.
Now, that's impressive.
It's a good think that these ships aren't lifted with hooks attached to the superstructure, as some small boats are.
If they would, the whole hull could well detach from the rest of the boat along the perfect hole line made to fit the lights...! :D