The most normal piece of equipment you have forgotten?

Daydream believer

Visit site
A hold all, left on the kitchen table with all the ship’s papers, then boarded by French customs in Granville, they left about 4 hours later, no fine!
I did that & got arrested in Ostend & and dragged onto the pontoon & a machine pistol shoved up my nose. Mind you it was not helped because my crew used the F word in reply to a question from the customs officer. It seems he could speak English well enough, even in the early 70's, to know that it was time to arrest us. I had a squeaky bum moment & finally, after one hell of a dressing down , we were released after I just acted plain stupid (easy enough) & they gave up & we were told to return to the UK & stay there. :eek:

Moodysailor

Visit site
I think what he's getting at is wondering why (as I am too, now this saga has gone on so long!:D) you had to spectate in your socks, rather than wearing the (non-cycling) shoes you wore to drive there.

I think the satire (as well as the point) was missed long ago. You lot are far too literal at times, I should know better.... ?‍♂️

davidaprice

Visit site
A few times: boat just lifted out onto her winter cradle, crane-truck operator comes over for payment, but my wallet is up in the boat. Same drawer as the keys to the bike lock securing the ladder to the side of the cradle. Time to quickly go borrow another ladder...

Corona Mia

Visit site
A spare set of car keys!

After driving nearly 2 hours to the boat…..I stupidly dropped the car keys between the boat and jetty whilst loading the ’provisions’.☹️

Fortunately my friend Roy (next boat but one) had one of those big magnets on a rope.
Half an hour of ‘fishing’ later I had a collection of rusty metal…..and the car keys!?

I bought my own magnet the next week…….but 20 years later it’s never been used.?