The Forum Burgee.

ricky_s

Visit site
This tread epitomises what is wrong with the forum, folks stuck in yesteryear...
Henry why waste your efforts ? it clearly isn't appreciated .

It is though, not all of us are part of the old regime. I love meeting forumites and would welcome a burgee you could leave flying. Don't care if it has a mouse on it as long it is recognisable to others.

benjenbav

Visit site
a good number of the posts from the "keep it as it is contingent" are posted in the wee hours of the morning, w(h)ine may have something to do with it ;)

Surely no-one posts on any forum unless they have had a glass or three first...

Ian h

Visit site
+1

Stay with it Henry, some folks are far too intent on protecting some halcyon, rose-tinted past. Things change whether we like it or not...

Henry is trying to promote the forum with his new offering. This may attract new member to the forum, Bringiing new blood and increasing the readership and possible more chance of meeting people on the water.
The Mouse comes across as a member of a "Club" not necessarily this forum. We are all on this forum to enjoy together our love of boating and share those experiances with other like minded individuals. I like the globe design but its not quite there yet for me.
Well done Henry for all your hard work so far . Looking forward to seeing the final results.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
So Henry is reinventing segregation. If your posh you can have an embroidered one. But if you are poor you have to make do with a printed one. Apart from the Liverpool mobs scandalous price. The embroidered one was £15. So a cheap one would have to be a fiver??

So rich folk fly the mouse but the poor folk get a globe of some sorts which looks like an advert for Oxfam.

Clever idea Henry, keep the riffraff out.

MrB

Visit site
So Henry is reinventing segregation. If your posh you can have an embroidered one. But if you are poor you have to make do with a printed one. Apart from the Liverpool mobs scandalous price. The embroidered one was £15. So a cheap one would have to be a fiver??

So rich folk fly the mouse but the poor folk get a globe of some sorts which looks like an advert for Oxfam.

You need to get a grip on reality mate. I have no idea how Henry is tolerating your constant bollards (ox). You alone are killing the tipsy mouse with your imaginary old school elitism. Henry is trying to re-invent it so everyone can be apart of the club and have access to it 24-7........not who you choose/when you choose and if you and your mate can be arsed to make some. Pete has done a sterling job of keeping it all alive.....evolution my friend, embrace it.;)

MrB

Visit site

In fact, you step up again....get your mate to make the burgee and get it online for all to purchase in the comfort of their own home. Can you, will you?? If not stand back and ****! You maybe past your sell-by date, the forum isn't!

Last edited by a moderator:

MrB

Visit site
Not the best post I ever read.

Granted, but how many times does Henry have to explain why he's doing this to hlb? wall head bang....rearrange ;) Finish this whole thing and let YBW/IPC do it, it's their forum after all. #missedatrick ;)

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Granted, but how many times does Henry have to explain why he's doing this to hlb? wall head bang....rearrange ;) Finish this whole thing and let YBW/IPC do it, it's their forum after all. #missedatrick ;)

You may as well ask Why am I doing this. I have no boat now, I can not walk, so I get no benefit which ever way it goes. I wont be wanting any flag.

Mr B. I did the job for about 14 years. Do you want me to do it forever? If it was not for my legs, I probably would have done.

My only interest is that the Burgee still fly's as it is, with no changes except maybe change the string.

The reason. The mouse is tried and tested. It is not an MBY advert. I just want as many Mouses/ Mice out there as possible. I am trying to support Henry or anyone else to take over. It wont be done by divding the forum into rich and poor.

BruceDanforth

Visit site
The URL is incomplete

Right then. This is what I was thinking for a general ybw forum pennant / sticker to run alongside the mouse burgee.

ybwflag_zps321fcc17.jpg

What do you think ?

Henry :)

BruceDanforth

Visit site
BBC one from the eighties....

Sticking with the globe idea what's people's opinion on something like this?

Don't get too hung up by specifics, more a general idea.

noseaburgee_zps945e25db.jpg

I have got another direction planned as well but just before we totally move away from the internet globe idea.

Henry :)

oGaryo

Visit site
I am trying to support Henry or anyone else to take over. It wont be done by divding the forum into rich and poor.

Jeez Haydn, your late night / early morning posts are coming across as alcohol fueled with little grasp on reality. There is no way you're trying to support Henry, everyone can see that you're in your own little battle with the man with you constantly on the attack and Henry needing to defend his every action. Have a read through this thread when you're sober and post something late morning when the noggin may be thinking more clearly eh. It's time for you to let go and simply trust Henry will make a great job of whatever his endeavours turn up for the forum.

all the best Gary

jac

Visit site
Jeez Haydn, your late night / early morning posts are coming across as alcohol fueled with little grasp on reality. There is no way you're trying to support Henry, everyone can see that you're in your own little battle with the man with you constantly on the attack and Henry needing to defend his every action. Have a read through this thread when you're sober and post something late morning when the noggin may be thinking more clearly eh. It's time for you to let go and simply trust Henry will make a great job of whatever his endeavours turn up for the forum.

all the best Gary

+1

Haydn.

Anyone else who was posting what you've been posting would have been ripped to shreds by the forum long before now. It's only your status and the affection that people have for you that is preventing this.

Henry is doing a great job, as did Pete in keeping it going.

If you want to help as you claim, can I suggest you do one of two things.

1) Ask your mate if he can make the mouse (updated as above) and supply to Henry for a price below that of ensign and then let Henry and your mate deal with the logistics side of it.
2) Butt out.