The Forum Burgee.

ricky_s

Visit site
Frankly, if someone comes up with a nice design I will buy one. I do have one of the old ones but it isn't really practical to use day in, day out.

For me the whole point is to show fellow forum members you exist and are up for a chat. I really don't care about the history!

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Sticking with the globe idea what's people's opinion on something like this?

Don't get too hung up by specifics, more a general idea.

noseaburgee_zps945e25db.jpg

I have got another direction planned as well but just before we totally move away from the internet globe idea.

Henry :)

ricky_s

Visit site

I have got another direction planned as well but just before we totally move away from the internet globe idea.

Yeah, I like that one.

pmagowan

sites.google.com
I liked the contrasting colours better on the last one with a blue background. I think it needs to have something about YBW forum on it otherwise it is simply another ambiguous burgee. I thought the point of this one was to make things obvious that you are a forum member and open to chat.

Just an idea, but have you ever seen the vets sign with the heads of various animals nested one above the next. Could do that with boats, mobos etc.

Wandering Star

Visit site
Way back, possibly 8 or 10 years back, the forumite CCScott (I think it was) designed a cap with the words "Lounge Lizard" with an embroidered lizard. It was only produced in a single small run. I still have the cap (sad or what?) and still wear it occasionally. The logo would look good on a redesigned burgee or car sticker and I liked to think of myself as a Lizard! The wording could obviously be altered to whatever type of Lizard you considered yourself to be - "YBW Lizard" "MOBO Lizard" "Scuttlebutt Lizard".

FWIW and with greatest respect to HenryF I don't like any of his burgee designs so far, I think they all look extremely tacky. On the other hand I do appreciate what HenryF is trying to organise especially on the logistical front. My opinion is that in the meantime, HLB's burgee as reproduced by Pete is fine but on the other hand, if forum consensus is to redesign the thing from scratch then that's fine with me provided it's not cheap, cheerful and tacky which so far, I think HenryF's suggested alternatives are - I personally wouldn't try tarting up the current HenryF design, I'd ditch it altogether and try something completely different!

henryf

www.911virgin.com
That's fine. I'm sounding out ideas at this stage.

I keep saying it but the plan is to supply the original design in embroidered form to a high standard. There are no plans to alter the design.

I'm envisaging any design I come up with will be screen printed on fabric and cheaper than the embroidered mouse burgee.

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
If it has to be redesigned then perhaps a YBW sponsored design competition - a years subscriptions or similar to the winning concept? It should also encompass all the forums via a sticky cross-forum thread and a vote perhaps in a month or two...

I personally like the original and feel it's a good ice-breaker as in "What's the flag then?". I've been asked 3 or 4 times even in my limited travels over the last few years. :)

prv

Visit site
If it has to be redesigned

It doesn't have to be redesigned, and it isn't going to be. Everyone is agreed on that.

I don't really approve of the idea of an alternative as well (what for?) but I'm willing to let it stand or fall on its own merits. Without malice to Henry, I hope and expect that it will fall.

Pete

MrB

Visit site
As it is going to have YBW (IPC branding) on it don't you think YBW or indeed IPC should have a say in it? Just askin` lol.;)

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
Was in Santorini when I posted that.

Sitting in Pireaus now...
You sure get about! We're down in the Peloponnese, enjoying some strong wind!

I prefer the blue background. How about using a Mac OS style pointer, rather than the Windows one? :D
If you're going to put text in the ribbon, it'll need to be bigger/wider.

sarabande

Visit site
Caps with forum mouse.

Wandering Star has put up a good suggestion.

What about baseball caps with Tipsy Mouse on ?