The Forum Burgee.

rlw

Visit site
Mine is proudly flying on my T40 in Holland all year round. Off to Zeeland next week and usually meet Brit boats in the lock but so far have not spotted a forum flag yet.
Regret not ordering more than one as they were great quality.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Glad to hear that there at least some get to gethers, even if not on the scale that they used to be.

The Wig and Pen for the meet up with thirty or forty for a meal. The bomb threat that nearly cocked the whole get together up, but saved because it was only slightly inside the police cordon. Then on to Mats place, where we all got legless.

The Weymouth meet. Drove 310 miles down to Plymouth, then about 100 miles by boat to Weymouth.

We all had a good time. The Mercury meet that was enormous, but unfortunately we did not make that one.

We were always meeting LJS, no matter where we went. Went to Alderney one time and there he was, missed his dinghy with one leg and went swimming. He made us eat crabs, lobsters and scallops. I ate so many scallops, that I have never eaten another one since.

Muscles blagged off the muscle boat up the Fal, then blagged the wine from the boat in front to cook them in. Mind we did take the muscles to the party.

Haydn.

jamie langstone

Visit site
From reading the post there are a few that have them still a few that have lost them but would like another . Are more going to being made so that forum members can buy them.As i for one would like to have the pleasure of flying the burgee .

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
From reading the post there are a few that have them still a few that have lost them but would like another . Are more going to being made so that forum members can buy them.As i for one would like to have the pleasure of flying the burgee .

New ones can be bought as standard printed burgees. Alas, I don't have the website to hand, but there's a company that do flags and club burgees that have the design on their machine, so can print them out to order.
Unfortunately, they're a tad on the expensive side, especially for a bog standard printed burgee.

I'm sure someone will come along with the URL.

STEVEDUNSTABLE

sites.google.com
Hadyn,

I have my original burgee as you supplied me some years ago, put up whenever we are on board, getting a little tatty round the edges now... but it does get noticed and have met various other forumites who have spotted it. The best bit is I bought 2 from you, I still have a brand new "original" which I may break out for our summer holiday...

But through this forum I have met some really nice folk, only yesterday afternoon I pulled into Mercury car park and spotted a couple of old buffers sipping tea sitting on a trailer deep in contemplation about goodness knows what, and it was nice to be able to join them! :)

Hey Winchy. Any idea who he's talking about ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prv

Visit site
New ones can be bought as standard printed burgees. Alas, I don't have the website to hand, but there's a company that do flags and club burgees that have the design on their machine, so can print them out to order.

Oi - they're not printed! They're properly embroidered, and feel like a quality item. I now fly my new one most of the time, to save the Haydn original (which was starting to fray) for best :)

Unfortunately, yes, the price is more than what Haydn's mate used to charge us, but it seems to be the going rate for a made-to-order sewn burgee. From memory I think it's £24.

The company is Ensign Flags in Liverpool: http://www.ensignflags.com . You can't actually buy online from the site, and they don't seem to have updated their list of clubs to include ours, but if you phone or email and ask for a YBW tipsy mouse they should know what you mean. You can buy one any time, you don't need to wait for a batch to be made. Although if someone else wants to try to negotiate a couple of quid off the price for a batch of ten or so, feel free.

Pete

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
Oi - they're not printed! They're properly embroidered, and feel like a quality item. I now fly my new one most of the time, to save the Haydn original (which was starting to fray) for best :)

Apologies for the disinformation! :confused:

I'm sure they're lovely burgees, but alas SWMBO would not authorise payment for one with shipping out to us, which made it the best part of £30. So I have my Haydn one in the nav table, which I can pull out and wave around if necessary! :D

Last edited:

tinkicker0

Visit site
Since I retired from providing them. Do folk still fly them. Is the new system working, or is the community spirit now dead.

Are there still big rafts of forum boats, on big get together's. Do we still have a forum Christmas party??

Do we still get marquees provided at marinas, for big forum meets?

What happened to the forum panto.

I still have one of yours H. It flew under the ensign, then I bought a vhf antenna to fly it from, then wired in a vhf to the other end of the antenna, then got it licenced ect, then found the antenna was a bit "whippy" so took it back down and it is currently residing in my study and still in as new condition.
I may return it to the original location tomorrow as it can be lowered at sunset along with the ensign.

Never seen another displayed though or had anyone comment on mine.

Just as well because if they went near my beer I'd cut off their hands. :D

I'll shut down me kindle and fire up the pc, sure I have a pic on flickr somewhere. Oh and I do assure you all including that bounder Sailorman that the ensign is STITCHED. :D :D

Back in a mo......

14667545391_439f257993.jpg

At last. Jeeze Flickr is an absolute pain in the ass these days. Why ruin a good idea?

Last edited:

Kawasaki

Visit site
The Forum Burgee was earlier than Me
Joining this what is a fine Foree (ok poetic licence)
I wondered first what the 'logo' was about
A Mouse and a wine glass Far out
I thought, these Guys will do for Me
I wonder if this Flag is free
But still I thought
These Guys are nuts, what does this thing decree
A Mouse a glass
They's talking through their ass
But then it 'clicked' it's a bloody Mouse
The one I hold in me house
When 'clickin' on stuff on tinternet
Whilst imbibing while swmbo don't know
Being bright I put two and two together
'Mouse Drink Forum talk Boll0x'
And so it goes and so it goes
Types Like hlb keep us on our toes
Although no boat now
He can't go away for ever and a Day
The Flag is flown H more than you know
Smaller Cruises are of the Day
But we will Cruise come what may
The price of fuel has been a block
To make the Cruises that did rock
The Forum in Years gone by
The fuel and do your trips Peeps
Lets tell hlb we fly the Burgee
Even down the River Mersey (now that's a place for brown water!)
To the South of the Land that Hadyn orter
Have kept Muckjy Farter (for those that don't know that was the Endearing name h called his Princess 35)
Because in Wales, He He found it harder
To get a a fit young man like me to start Her!
Well , thats rollocks fer a bit!!!
However
Back to the Flag
Well Burgee
And Cruises
H
To answer your question
No we don't do what you did
(HM Customs or Tax Man) before
The cheap fuel is no more
But meetings with boats galore
Just like you did of years gone yore
We talk bollix and have some Fun
And discuss the Home Run
Before the 'Lock' is shut
The distances are shorter
We get home maybe
Before we orter but bollix we stay on the water
Flyin the flag Mate still!
:encouragement:

benjenbav

Visit site
Had several. Worn with pride. Last one, following string breaking is now serving as a high quality polishing rag in my bits and pieces box. Selling boat so no current opportunity for burgee.

BrendanS

Visit site

Unfortunately, yes, the price is more than what Haydn's mate used to charge us, but it seems to be the going rate for a made-to-order sewn burgee. From memory I think it's £24.

The company is Ensign Flags in Liverpool: http://www.ensignflags.com . You can't actually buy online from the site, and they don't seem to have updated their list of clubs to include ours, but if you phone or email and ask for a YBW tipsy mouse they should know what you mean. You can buy one any time, you don't need to wait for a batch to be made. Although if someone else wants to try to negotiate a couple of quid off the price for a batch of ten or so, feel free.

Pete

Do they pay a licence fee, to produce a design which has copyright? :)

Hang on, I have some popcorn somewhere....

prv

Visit site
Do they pay a licence fee, to produce a design which has copyright? :)

You want to push the price up even more? :) :p

I want to see as many people as possible flying the thing. The design is available - if anyone is able to arrange a better deal for a decent quality burgee then I'd be delighted to send them a copy. But carping from the sidelines while actually doing nothing is not helpful.

Pete