thames forum thames pics

Visit site
some pics from the thames.......
20150830_131116_zpsapupntkb.jpg

20150830_095514_zpsofm7b6uz.jpg

20150829_195815_zpsfwcxw2j7.jpg

Visit site
The EA ignore plenty of non licenced boats, I was told today it can take a while to remove the boats. There is one Hardy boat back of cleeve lock no licence for years.

Visit site
I need to rephrase this one, there are quite a few boats on the thames with no licence. Some seem to be able to have no licence for much longer than others do. For whatever reason im unsure:rolleyes:

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
I've passed that cat by Beale park for years and often wondered what it looked like when it was loved and why the EA seem to ignore it
Very nice dusk shot:encouragement:
I have been asking the EA why this boar has not been dealt with for years !!! When I attended the launch of the moorings enforcement trials at Weybridge in September 2013 I remember making myself unpopular about it . I will have another tilt at the next meeting next month.
Incidentally, in the interests of accuracy, the boat is called Triad and is moored just above Pangbourne, not at Beale Park.

Last edited:

Freeman30_1

Visit site
TRIAD is moored outside an equally derelict and overgrown house - one of the 'seven deadly sins' - it looks like something out of sleeping beauty. Both looking very sad. I presume the owner of both may not be known.

Visit site
I have been asking the EA why this boar has not been dealt with for years !!! When I artended tge lahnch of the moorings enforcement trials at Weybridge in September 2013 I remember making myself unpopular about it . I will have another tilt at thenext Meeting next month.
Incidentally, in the interests of accuracy, the boat is called Triad and is moored kust above Pangbourne, mot at Beal Park.
I was informed yesterday on the river, that it can take a while to remove the boats from the river, I offered to remove some of the long term offending boats and was told this would be theft. Surely the owners are thieves by not paying there licence.

Visit site
I have been asking the EA why this boar has not been dealt with for years !!! When I artended tge lahnch of the moorings enforcement trials at Weybridge in September 2013 I remember making myself unpopular about it . I will have another tilt at thenext Meeting next month.
Incidentally, in the interests of accuracy, the boat is called Triad and is moored kust above Pangbourne, mot at Beal Park.
could mention this one also been there a while....
20150815_185042_zps1mpexzgi.jpg

DogsBody

Visit site
I have been asking the EA why this boar has not been dealt with for years !!! When I attended the launch of the moorings enforcement trials at Weybridge in September 2013 I remember making myself unpopular about it . I will have another tilt at the next meeting next month.
Incidentally, in the interests of accuracy, the boat is called Triad and is moored just above Pangbourne, not at Beale Park.

Triad has been moored in that spot and slowly decaying for at least as long as I've been boating on the Thames (i.e. in excess of 15 years) and I don't believe it has had a licence at any stage during that period. The fact the EA ignore it and the other long term offenders makes it obvious that they will only bother trying to collect a licence fee from easy targets, like marina dwellers - makes a mockery of the whole thing in my opinion.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Triad has been moored in that spot and slowly decaying for at least as long as I've been boating on the Thames (i.e. in excess of 15 years) and I don't believe it has had a licence at any stage during that period. The fact the EA ignore it and the other long term offenders makes it obvious that they will only bother trying to collect a licence fee from easy targets, like marina dwellers - makes a mockery of the whole thing in my opinion.
I agree entirely and have raised this at at many TNUF meetings. Just one highly visible instance of apparent inaction does indeed create a perception that the EA are not applying enforcement activity without fear or favour and is not the message we wish to see going out to river users.

What would you suggest we do about it? I and others have continued to raise the whole issue of unregistered craft at every TNUF meeting in recent years. The response is always the same - only so much money available to do everything required of them and it costs money to pursue delinquents. Removing a boat from the river has to be paid for and no guarantees that costs will be recovered. I know of cases where local authority and EA are each waiting and hoping that the other will decide to proceed first.