Temp Gauges

G

Could anyone shed any light as to why my recently fitted upper helm Temp. Gauges sould read 10 Degrees above that of the lower original dials. Think I fitted them ok piggy backed off the lower helm dials, fitted appropriate sender units etc.
No calibration screws etc to be seen. The dials are IDO should be ok. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tr7v8

Visit site
Strange, given the obviously longer wiring I'd expect the upper ones to read lower instead of higher. Can you swop one of the uppers for a lower (even temporary)and see what difference you get? It's also worth using a Digital voltmeter across the instruments in turn and seeing what differences you've got their.
Some of the electric gauges do have caibration screws but some are just for zeroing.

Jim
--------

<hr width=100% size=1>Jim

Draco 2500

G

On the old guages I get a temp of 80-85 cruising up to 90 at full chat.
I have 2 cats 3116 355 h.p. each.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Thanks Jim I will try that. Although I will always know the differential between the 2 sets, its still nice to have both sets level.Having had 3 head gaskets 1 new manifold and 2 new heads in the last 12 months and a new gear box in Jersey, I thought the investment in the upper guages was a must.I have also fitted 2 expansion bottles to the fresh water header tank and hopefully this will help with my evaporation problem too.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Other threads that may be of interest