SWMBO

claymore

Visit site
Marital discount

An essential component within financial management strategies relating to boat ownership.
May I not be found out

regards
Claymore

PortsmouthBird

Visit site
Re: Marital discount

I think you are all under the thumb by the sounds of it!!

Unfortunatley they are too fiesty at my age to participate in the above relating strategies.....

iangrant

Visit site

I am not under the thumb - I often sit down and give her a damn good listening to! Just you wait 'til she gets me home.

Ian

jimi

Visit site

Hey lass I 'd appreciate some advice. I want to buy a new sail but I do'nt want the galley slave to be aware of this. How do I hide a big white flappy thing from her? I thhink even she'll notice a nice new sail!

PortsmouthBird

Visit site

I bet she makes you go clothes shopping with her as well!!!

Don't get me wrong there is nothing quite like a passive, listening man in certain situations!!!

iangrant

Visit site

Oh I've been known to do a bit of clothes shopping with her - but not so much since I said in Next "some of these girls have luvley figures" -

I also work on a sailing pass system - good behaviour leads to various levels of sailing passes:

Bronze - a trip away without any grizzling
Silver - a trip away SWMBO packs the bag
Gold - a trip away SWMBO pack the bag, does the food shopping, carries it to the boat and waves from the jetty

Ian

PortsmouthBird

Visit site

Now your talking my language.

I think I should be an agony aunt (totty) for you chaps in successfully negotiating deals with SWMBO.

Situation is engage her conversation about herself and needs (Material) over a prolonged peiod of time, this will lull her into a false sense of secuity (Or she will think you are having an affair).
Then when she least expects it throw some technical jargin at her as to why this sail is essential in maintaining a safe boat.... this will scare her a bit. Lay off for a while and then just keep dropping in little bits about the safety thing.

May be even plant a friend to pass comment on why it is essential to buy this sail.

After a while she will give in and tell you to get it if you need it.

jimi

Visit site

Auntie Portia,
problem is, I feel she gets more than enough of my time already and I don't really want to waste any more valuable sailing and drinking time talking to her! Think the safety angle is worth pursuing though and perhaps speed ie It'll only take 10 hours to get to Cherbourg instead of 11. Wonder if the sailmaker has something that could make it look old so I can claim I picked it up cheap at a boat auction?

PortsmouthBird

Visit site

With regards to 'I think she get enough of my time already comment' my answer is consider divorce it will be cheaper in the long run.....!!

With regards to trying to make the sail look older...well why ruin a fine piece of craftsmanship, instead consider telling her that you actually used bleech to clean it and it has come remarkably well considering.

If she then questions you further, tell her it may be her eye sight and that you are worried about her and may be she should go to the doctors!