Summer scrub price rise

captain.morgan

Visit site
Any discount for berth holders ?
Yeah, around 20% at Beacon for existing berth holders. Can't say for Shotley.

Lifts on the Orwell are becoming short supply. Now Neptune marina has closed, the only lift inside the lock basin there is on the Beacon side.
Foxs still have a lift.
Woolvestone have removed theirs.
Pin Mill (Kings) has a trailer.

That leaves Levington and Shotley.
Of course its all subject to availability in whichever yard you choose as well as their pricing.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Yeah, around 20% at Beacon for existing berth holders. Can't say for Shotley.
Shotley offer no discount for berth holders. Beacon give 30% to berth holders, not 20%.
Lifts on the Orwell are becoming short supply. Now Neptune marina has closed, the only lift inside the lock basin there is on the Beacon side.
Foxs still have a lift.
Woolvestone have removed theirs.
Pin Mill (Kings) has a trailer.

That leaves Levington and Shotley.
Of course its all subject to availability in whichever yard you choose as well as their pricing.

No shortage of lifts on the Orwell.

Yes, Woolverstone have stopped doing lifts, but the other marinas have comfortably taken up the slack.

Neptune have not closed, as such, they have been taken over by ABP and merged with Beacon, who seem to have more than adequate lifting and storage facilities for all of the boats in the wet dock and are regularly doing lifts for boats in other marinas. Neptune only had yard space for a handful of boats anyway.

Last edited:

shanemax

Visit site
Yesterday, at 3pm high water (with an 8" surge) I ran my boat up the beach, for a couple of weeks. (Orwell)
Cost per meter £0 +VAT. The joy of bilge keels.

johnalison

Visit site
I dried overnight at Bedwell's with pressure wash for £40 a few years ago. It was a bit more hassle than a lift but worked out OK with 1.5m draft.

Plum

Visit site
Yesterday, at 3pm high water (with an 8" surge) I ran my boat up the beach, for a couple of weeks. (Orwell)
Cost per meter £0 +VAT. The joy of bilge keels.
Well done. At Bridgemarsh marina on the Crouch they have scrubbing posts that are free to berth holders. Not many scrubbing posts on the Orwell though.