Suez blocked.

Bilgediver

Visit site
That F14 is an F15 and the challengers look a lot like Shermans

Fission does readily create tritium though, which decays into helium.

You must have secret squirrel insider knowledge, as AIS shows her stuck in the bank still, or at least as of 15 minutes ago.
Mine says she js headed north at about 4 knots possibly with a tug attached to the bow.

Nom de plume

Visit site
Surprised if she's running on her main engine. I guess someone had a good look at the prop after she refloated.

She's still on her own making 7.2Kn with no tugs ahead of her. Tug Basel 2 had been waiting for her in the lakes but has just past her heading south at 12Kn+ - closing speed of 20Kn in the canal, I guess they agree keen to get the tills ringing again!

Thistle

Visit site
“Several”? From Europe? Jordanians must have very healthy appetites!

Or could they be taking the overland route to Iraq?
"Last night the Egyptian authorities delivered emergency fodder to tens of thousands of livestock aboard ships stranded by the accident. Some 85,000 cattle are trapped aboard at least seven ships headed for Jordan and officials there were considering the Africa route. " (Suez Canal ship Ever Given fully refloated by salvage crews)

Nom de plume

Visit site

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
"Last night the Egyptian authorities delivered emergency fodder to tens of thousands of livestock aboard ships stranded by the accident. Some 85,000 cattle are trapped aboard at least seven ships headed for Jordan and officials there were considering the Africa route. " (Suez Canal ship Ever Given fully refloated by salvage crews)

Right, let’s resort to Google and have some fun with arithmetic:

430 lbs of usable beef, excluding offal, on an average cow. Call that 195kg. Call that 800 meals out of each animal. Call that one cow feeding 2.19 people a year, assuming that the people all eat half a pound of fresh beef a day.

Population of Jordan: 10.1 million. So 85,000 cattle produce (85,000 x 800) = 68 million meals.

So those 85,000 cattle feed Jordan for a week, assuming everyone eats beef every day.

Thistle

Visit site
Right, let’s resort to Google and have some fun with arithmetic:

430 lbs of usable beef, excluding offal, on an average cow. Call that 195kg. Call that 800 meals out of each animal. Call that one cow feeding 2.19 people a year, assuming that the people all eat half a pound of fresh beef a day.

Population of Jordan: 10.1 million. So 85,000 cattle produce (85,000 x 800) = 68 million meals.

So those 85,000 cattle feed Jordan for a week, assuming everyone eats beef every day.

The Times, like most other news outlets, no longer seems to pride itself on its accuracy!

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
On the other hand there are 40 million Iraqis and a good land border, so that could be where they are going. Certainly I’ve carried American rice to Aquaba for Iraq, before all the Late Unpleasantness.

A typical livestock carrier will take 3 or 4 thousand head of cattle. There are bigger ones but I think they are in the Oz/Saudi trade.

I’m struggling with 85,000 head on seven ships.

Babylon

Visit site
... assuming that the people all eat half a pound of fresh beef a day.

... So those 85,000 cattle feed Jordan for a week, assuming everyone eats beef every day.

That's a terrific amount of beef to eat every day! I'd guess that the average Jordanian probably only eats that in a week, so them cows would probably keep Jordan going for a month or two.

Bajansailor

Visit site

Thistle

Visit site
I see they're not wasting much time. It looks as though they're getting a southbound convoy going - including Evergreen ship Ever Globe. Lightning never strikes twice ... does it?