Speedseal ceased trading

Gwylan

Visit site
Bother.

Do tell more, I need something to pretend to fill my day and diverting HID.

Also could just fit my portfolio of minor enterprises.

Off to Google.

micknor

Visit site
Hi All,
Indeed it is a real bummer. I was in UK recently and called in to the Speedseal place in Bookham, Surrey on ,4th May 2018, to purchase a Speedseal Life upgrade for my Speedseal water pump cover. I left my details with the gentleman and he telephoned me 2 hours later quoting £69 for the upgrade including a spare PTFE Disc. I paid by card and the goods arrived the next morning at my brothers place in Oxford.
Very efficient I thought at the time. However on arriving home in Australia and after installing the new Speedseal plate I found the water would not pump due to the PTFE Disc being too small for the plate. A 2.75mm gap between disc and plate prevented water from pumping. See diagram/photo.
7EA45BB7-A8B2-4EA4-88C4-1CC74C9464E0.jpg
I thought no problem I will just email the business to get the correct parts. Problem, as noted the business is no longer in operation due to ongoing illness. I do hope the gentleman gets better, however I feel that I have been left in ‘the lurch’ as are all Speedseal owners.
D3D969F3-AEFA-4A45-89B3-3B5D69BB1DE7.jpg
BB9A7B4C-1F3E-4712-A3A3-1F43714163E0.jpg
I have a Johnson F5B pump on my Nanni 29 hp engine.
The PTFE Disc is 40.5mm in diameter and I need a 46mm diameter Disc. If anyone knows how I may obtain the correct disc I would be most grateful. Also if anyone would like the 40.5mm discs email/message me and they are yours.
A friend I n Australia with a catamaran bought 2 Speedseal life plates shortly after myself and they are working well.
Hopefully someone will continue this business.
Fair winds
Michael

jordanbasset

Visit site
Thought the speedseal was a really good product, but I guess the problem for the firm is most only buy once, or atleast once for each boat. But will be surprised if some one does not take the product over although I would imagine it was patented so maybe a cost involved in that

biscuit

Visit site
That explains why they haven't replied to my E Mails!
I really need some O rings, anyone know what size to ask for?

Pasarell

Visit site
Thought the speedseal was a really good product, but I guess the problem for the firm is most only buy once, or atleast once for each boat. But will be surprised if some one does not take the product over although I would imagine it was patented so maybe a cost involved in that

Huge cost involved in patenting, often out of all proportion to sales revenue as every country needs a separate patent excluding the EU which is a single entity. Not only do you have to get the patent but there are significant fees in maintaining it.

I hope they either get better and resume production or are able to sell the IP. I've bought 3 times for 3 boats and it's one of the early things I look at for replacement

biscuit

Visit site
Good idea, but....my only one (and I had to cut it to fit) is in situ, so can't send that.
I will measure it when next at the boat, I guess. I looked at their website, looks good, thanks.