Spanish Marinas

Wasco

Visit site
A bit off the wall this but I have relatives in Canada who spend quite a bit of time in Europe on business. They are looking to buy or rent property in a Spanish coastal resort ideally on or close by a marina to use for short term or long term breaks when they are over. The family likes its boats hence the desire to be on a marina.

As none of us know too much about Spain question is: are there any med marinas that people would recommend or would be worth looking at. There are probably hundreds I know but personal recommendations are always preferable. Tnanks for any thoughts.

martin

Visit site
Spanish coast is quiet a large area t cover but here is what i know about my patch.

Firsty i suggest they get one of the med almanacs and have a look at the ariel photos of all of the marinas along the patch they are intested in. I am just doint the same with the marinas in the islands.. The photos usually give an idea of the sort of housing nearby and the type/size of the marina.

For my bit of the coast I can tell you (around Marbella)

Cabopina is a small pretty marina (lots of restaurants) with a range of housing nearby anything from flats to villas with pools.

Marbella has two marinas, neither much to look at and both within walking distance of the main town. The town is mainly blocks of flats.

Puerto Banus...Hmm well i wont offend anyone i think by saying its ....well different!

Duquesa is a nice marina ..never seen outside it

Soto Grande is a recently upated, man made marina with flats all around it. I think that most of the flat have a morring associated with them, normally the one right in front of them..Its a bit plastic but very quiet and has an a lot of very expensive real estate just behind the flats.

Thats about the extent of my first hand knowledge...I have heard that the inland sea further up the coast is fantastic and property there is cheaper..

Hope that helps a bit..
Martin

Nautorius

Visit site
A bit off the wall this but I have relatives in Canada who spend quite a bit of time in Europe on business. They are looking to buy or rent property in a Spanish coastal resort ideally on or close by a marina to use for short term or long term breaks when they are over. The family likes its boats hence the desire to be on a marina.

As none of us know too much about Spain question is: are there any med marinas that people would recommend or would be worth looking at. There are probably hundreds I know but personal recommendations are always preferable. Tnanks for any thoughts.

Hi,

I think Martin has covered off most ofv the Marinas. In the past i would have said that the Costa Del Sol was very expensive, but not anymore! If they are after a bargain apartment and Berth then look at La Duquesa. The apartments are at about a 50-60% discount and not only is there Berth availability, but they are at about a 30% discount.

Soto is still expensive, although property is dropping amd there are plenty of berths available.

Happy to help more on specifics:

Paul