Votes: 1 2.5%
  • No never (SWMBO may see my answer)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Eugh no, never.

Votes: 34 85.0%

• Total voters

Tintin

Visit site
Following on from Daydream Believers admission, which perhaps many do, in the thread about sink through-hull diameter, I thought it would be interesting to ask the question.....

Poignard

Visit site
If you mean the galley sink (the only sink in my boat) there's no need to.

If I am below I can use the heads. If I am in the cockpit I cna use the cockpit drains.

Last edited:

westernman

www.devalk.nl
At college when desperate I used to pee in the sink.
Because the toilets where down 5 stories of very drafty stairs and it is such a pain to have to get fully clothed in the middle of winter just to go and pee when there is a sink just next door.

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
...in the cockpit I can use the cockpit drains.

Many years ago we were crossing Cardigan Bay and it was as rough as a badger's arse; Lesley bemoaned that while she was bursting for a pee, she felt it simply wasn't safe to negotiate her way to the heads She didn't like my suggestion that she just peed in the cockpit and claimed this'd leave the cockpit 'wet & slippery', which had me almost peeing myself too: the cockpit was being flushed with 20-30 gallons of seawater about once every ten seconds!

Poignard

Visit site
Many years ago we were crossing Cardigan Bay and it was as rough as a badger's arse; Lesley bemoaned that while she was bursting for a pee, she felt it simply wasn't safe to negotiate her way to the heads She didn't like my suggestion that she just peed in the cockpit and claimed this'd leave the cockpit 'wet & slippery', which had me almost peeing myself too: the cockpit was being flushed with 20-30 gallons of seawater about once every ten seconds!
Here's what you need :ROFLMAO:

1670018444558.png

Or this, with an attachment for the distaff side:
1670018549086.png

Last edited:

Gsailor

Visit site
Following on from Daydream Believers admission, which perhaps many do, in the thread about sink through-hull diameter, I thought it would be interesting to ask the question.....
What or where is this Daydream Believer's admission and why would it come up?

Why would anyone need to pee in a sink when there is a head. If no head, there are special bottles on ebay for £2.

Yes, cockpit drain is ok by me if conditions mean one can't leave cockpit for a few minutes.

How did this subject arise?

Last time I used a sink thus was in a university dorm room when I was desperate and the loos were a hike away and sink was not used for crockery washing, just teeth cleaning really.

Now £5 or £ 10 for a fancy one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221203-143626.jpg
    Screenshot_20221203-143626.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20221203-143611.jpg
    Screenshot_20221203-143611.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: