Seen this??

landaftaf

Visit site
dont like his history either ..... if it sounds too good to be true .......... and the biggest problem is without updates its crap

why dont you send the ad to tsnumi and see if you get a thank you note in reply

David2452

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The Tsunami is pirated.

Shame on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know this to be true, because if it is I will pull out of the purchase and report the piracy to ebay. There is no way I will ose pirated software.

David

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How do you know this to be true,

[/ QUOTE ]

<span style="color:blue">Tsunamis 99 Full World Charts, fully unlocked with access to the whole world </span>

Because it is unlocked and Tsunami requires a dongle to work.

Not sure of the cost, but the entire World's charts will cost a little bit more than £142, even without the tablet.
He is also selling iffy Autoroutes as well...allegedly.

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Absolutly agree Tsunamis 99 was long since replaced of course by Navigator, I have had both and yes you need to pay for permit codes to release your next purchase of charts from the CD so if they are offering the world then your probably right.

David2452

Visit site
I am coming around to you guys way of thinking, but if I then pay the software house for a licence, surely it is still a cheap deal for A 10.5" colour plotter especially considering all the other possibilities it opens up, including dedicated on board email when I insert my O2 card and I will be able to connect my Navtex engine to name just two. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

David

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
David,

It is really up to you. I work in the video games industry and have no time for software piracy, as some forumites will know.

I also note that the tablet comes pre-loaded with Window 98, and as a dealer he cannot sell that unless it comes with a full microsoft licence.

As it is, I can confirm that the Tsunami is a 'cracked' copy and although it is not illegal for you to buy it, it is illegal for the vendor to sell it.

Chris

mirage

www.ttp.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I also note that the tablet comes pre-loaded with Window 98, and as a dealer he cannot sell that unless it comes with a full microsoft licence.

[/ QUOTE ]
He claims 'Windows 98 with COA license'

mirage

www.ttp.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
surely it is still a cheap deal for A 10.5" colour plotter especially considering all the other possibilities it opens up

[/ QUOTE ]For £150 it works out a pretty cheap toy for all sorts of things.

David2452

Visit site
I am as unwilling as anybody to use pirated software as it is after all simple theft , as for the W98 I do know these things tend to come with that installed OEM so no real issue there. Really I think it is cheap even if I re format the drive and re install all the software I need from scratch.

My origonal post was about value rather than any software issues and I recon I would still have bought even with a clean drive as I would want to upgrade the old software anyhow. maybe Raymarine stuff to go ith my other nav gear?

David

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Isn't it only a chart plotter 'cos its got chart plotting software on, other than that its just a computer. It certainly doesn't look in any way water resistant, and probably isn't designed for the banging and slamming of a mobo, so you can't really compare it to a purpose designed plotter. The question seems to be is it good value for a computor of that type and spec, and do you trust a guy who sells ripped off software on e-bay?