Re-powering options.

moresparks

Visit site
Hi, Many thanks for your suggestions, a lot to ponder. Lancing Marine was my my first call, as I remember Tico's thread. But unfortunately they no longer supply the engines that will fit in my HP range.
New Volvo petrol's they are quoting sometime in 2023 and diesels a lot longer. Dealer warranty overhauled diesels are non existent and some of the re-manufactured engine suppliers do not supply the complete package. Also, large single modern new diesels have quite a high overall height and may not fit. So its not easy - still, I will keep looking at options but probably need to make a decision in the next few weeks.

QBhoy

Visit site
Hi, Many thanks for your suggestions, a lot to ponder. Lancing Marine was my my first call, as I remember Tico's thread. But unfortunately they no longer supply the engines that will fit in my HP range.
New Volvo petrol's they are quoting sometime in 2023 and diesels a lot longer. Dealer warranty overhauled diesels are non existent and some of the re-manufactured engine suppliers do not supply the complete package. Also, large single modern new diesels have quite a high overall height and may not fit. So its not easy - still, I will keep looking at options but probably need to make a decision in the next few weeks.
Did you have a look at the links posted by another previously? The 3.0 is 135hp at the prop. They have been known to be rated at 140hp occasionally too. Best of luck either way.

moresparks

Visit site
Did you have a look at the links posted by another previously? The 3.0 is 135hp at the prop. They have been known to be rated at 140hp occasionally too. Best of luck either way.
Hi, I am still waiting for a reply from a couple of suppliers, even phoning goes to voicemail but I will look further at other suppliers. I must admit though I am concerned they may be a little underpowered. but would be a good option otherwise. I know one or two boats that had twin 120HP and they had lest than sparkling performance and had trouble getting on the plane mid season with more than 3 people on board.

Other threads that may be of interest