Raymarine's Micronet

angryemu

Visit site
I'm using Sloeber release 4.3.3. I'm not sure why I also have SmartRC-CC1101_Driver_Lib-2.5.7 in my library but it is not selected. Yes I did reattach library thanks.
In my RfDriver.cpp file the line of code that seems to be causing the issue is:
cc1101Driver.setGDO0(gdo0Pin);

The error stated is:
'class ELECHOUSE_CC1101' has no member named 'setGDO0'

angryemu

Visit site
What version of SmartRC-CC1101-Driver-Lib are you using Tuguy?
This warning comes from the SmartRC website SmartRC-CC1101-Driver-Lib,LSatan
"Attention! in version 2.5.7 there are changes for the internal transfer functions regarding the gdo pin assignment! "

I might try and remove the library then reattach and older version.

Tuguy

Visit site
I have the 2..5.7 release installed in Arduino IDE.
This one :
GitHub - LSatan/SmartRC-CC1101-Driver-Lib: This driver library can be used for many libraries that use a simple RF ASK module, with the advantages of the cc1101 module. It offers many direct setting options as in SmartRF Studio and calculates settings such as MHz directly.
In Arduino IDE you can choose which release you want:
Tools/Manage Library and search smartrc

On an other PC I have 2.5.6

Dont forget to reattach library in Sloeber Arduino menu Menu after each modification

Last edited:

angryemu

Visit site
Ok thanks, I think I fixed that problem, removed my original manual install of SmartRC library and did it all again through Arduino IDE

Now it proceeds much further through build (20 sec instead of about 4 sec with previous error) but still throws 2 errors:
09:35:04 Build Failed. 2 errors, 1 warnings. (took 20s.44ms)

Errors listed:
makefile:89: recipe for target 'MicronetToNMEA.elf' failed
make: *** [MicronetToNMEA.elf] Error 1

Warning:
unused variable 's2' [-Wunused-variable]

I've tried deleting project and re-doing everything again from the start but still hitting this problem now.
What about the configuration of my hardware? Mine is set to:
Board: Teensy 3.5
Upload Protocol: Default
Port: COM3
Keyboard Layout: US English
Optimise: Fastest with LTO
CPU Speed 96 MHz
USB Type: Serial

angryemu

Visit site
Ok further update. I tried again with Rodefmr's instructions on Arduino IDE and I think now that you helped through the previous library issues with my SmartRC it seemed to work. I could verify and upload and now the serial monitor says "Initializing CC1101 ..." which makes sense given I haven't yet attached it.
I'll attach it shortly and then hope I can get it functioning with my Tacktick Mn-100-2.
Thanks for your patience with me.

Tuguy

Visit site
Nice
After that you have to wire the CC1101 before testing the MicronetToNmea. If not itwill stay in the initialisation process.
To test it the best is to install TeraTerm in your PC. Dont use the terminal included in Slober.

Last edited:

Gixer

Visit site
Sorry to hijack this thread (but I am the OP ?).
I have a hull trasmitter thats stopped working, is there a way to test if it’s sending a signal?

angryemu

Visit site
I connected up CC1101 and it initialises and detects CC1101 and I also downloaded Tera Term and can now access the menu options - great!
It doesn't detect any Micronet networks though even though I've taken it to my boat and have it right next to MN100-2 display. Damn.
I've tried different sequences of turning it on and off again and searching for surrounding Micronet traffic... nothing.
I got out my manual for Ticktack and it says Frequency: 868 MHz or 916MHz... is it possible mine is running on 916MHz??
I'll have to fire up my RTL stick and search the frequency manually I suspect.
Cheers.
20211212_173006.jpg

Tuguy

Visit site
To detect the Micronet Ntwork you just need to switch on the Display. If you dont detect the network you have a problem with CC1101. Check the wiring.

Tuguy

Visit site
I have a hull trasmitter thats stopped working, is there a way to test if it’s sending a signal?

With the MicronetToNmea you can receive the Micronet's signal even without any information from devices. So you could check if the issue come from the hull transmitter or the transducer.

angryemu

Visit site
To detect the Micronet Ntwork you just need to switch on the Display. If you dont detect the network you have a problem with CC1101. Check the wiring.
Yeah I had it next to display and turned display on and it didn't detect a thing. I wouldn't have thought I wired it wrong, I was pretty careful to follow the instructions BUT I now notice there is an Analogue GND and Digital GND. I used the Digital GND between pins 13 and A22 but sounds as though I should've used the AGND. Any thoughts on this?

Tuguy

Visit site
I connect the ground to the same pin. I power the Teensy with a dedicated power supply from the 12V. The +3.3V is connceted to the pin 3.3v near pin12. I join the schem.

Attachments

• Carte MicronetToNMEA petit.pdf
    319.8 KB · Views: 22

Tuguy

Visit site
As you can see on the schem I also connect a GPS and an ESP8266 (for the Wifi).
Congratulation and many thanks to Roedemfr for this powerfull MicronetToNmea.

angryemu

Visit site
I connect the ground to the same pin. I power the Teensy with a dedicated power supply from the 12V. The +3.3V is connceted to the pin 3.3v near pin12. I join the schem.
Hi Tuguy, thanks for your wiring diagram and glad to hear yours is working well. I don't have a dedicated power supply for mine, just using the usb power. The only other difference is I haven't wired GDO2 at all, I left it disconnected entirely. The instructions I was using from Ronan didn't include the GDO2 pin.
So it seems to me my problem is one of three things,
1) the usb power. I'd be a bit surprised if this was the issue, a multimeter confirms I've got 3.3v at my source pins on CC1101 board.
2) the GDO2 pin on CC1101 not being wired up to anything on Teensy?
3) non-functioning CC1101 chip
I've included a photo of my setup. I have tested the continuity of my soldered connections and they're fine.20211220_180138 (Custom).jpg
Any thoughts?

Booster

Visit site
I am testing my components almost separate. Please use 1st attached script for receiving signal from your display (switched on).
GDO2 pin left open - not needed.
Second script can be used with an RTL-SDR stick or a 2. CC1101 receiver.

Attachments

• cc1101_Receive_advanced.ino.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 12
  • cc1101_Transmitt_Hello_World_advanced.ino.txt
    12 KB · Views: 6

niknak

Visit site
Any thoughts?

so, I had exactly the same issue - no micronet detected with an option 2 search.

I changed the default setting of frequency slightly to what I’d observed was giving data using a SDR device (rtl_433 based on Linux) - it was a little adrift from the standard 869mhz in the default config … I then spotted the option 6 search (as 2 still found no micronet) & ran that, and then option 2 again after storing the resulting frequency. With that everything started working.

nick

angryemu

Visit site
so, I had exactly the same issue - no micronet detected with an option 2 search.

I changed the default setting of frequency slightly to what I’d observed was giving data using a SDR device (rtl_433 based on Linux) - it was a little adrift from the standard 869mhz in the default config … I then spotted the option 6 search (as 2 still found no micronet) & ran that, and then option 2 again after storing the resulting frequency. With that everything started working.

nick

Hi there, thanks for the help and sorry I didn't get back sooner. I was a bit frustrated so started working on some other projects. I do really want to get this working though. I'll give the menu 6 search another go. I did try it a while ago but I'll put it closer to the micronet display.

tty

Visit site

Hope you got it sorted but incase you haven't I'd suspect the battery inside your hull transmitter has gone bad. AFAIR it won't run on external power alone. You can test or change the battery via the oval door in the back of the device. It's the same battery as the displays use. Should read ~3 volts. If the battery is good it's possible that the devices have become unpaired. Try pairing (Setup -> Opts -> Auto Netwk) and see if it pops back up.

Testing a hull transmitter without specific equipment would be tricky since they only transmit for a millisecond every second and it's within a few milliseconds of all the other devices transmitting. At the very least you'd need an rtlsdr dongle and the basic knowledge of how to use it.

Another option is using a display to test if it's talking. One PID that a hull transmitter is always sending is Volts. If you see a voltage, even 0.0, on the display then the hull transmitter is transmitting. Another way is in the display menu, goto Setup -> Health -> Hull will be filled out if there's a hull transmitter transmitting.