Raymarine C70 Plotter Screen problem

castaway

uk.groups.yahoo.com
Sunday, we were sailing along with reasonable charge (12.6volt) in the batteries, all of a sudden the screen on my C70 plotter starts to 'rotate' and ends up looking just like a 'bar code' with vertical lines of differing width right across the screen.

I did the usual switch off and on and re boot, and then eventually a 'factory reboot' but to no avail. At one point it did look like it was going to restart okay, but then reverted to 'bar code mode'.

I also pulled the CF card and re-inserted. The unit is sheltered and never gets wet.

Unit is about 4 years old and all the other Raymarine Seatalk gear is working fine.

Any suggestions before I take the unit to Raymarine would be most appreciated.

Regards Nick

Barry Jones

myworld.ebay.co.uk
You might try measuring the voltage at the unit itself when its running, just to make sure its not a bad or intermittent power connection. Just because the batteries are at 12.6V doesn't necessarily mean that there is 12.6V at the power plug on the back.

I normally use a couple of jumper wires to connect between power plug and socket on the back of the equipment, so that I can measure the voltage on load.

Talulah

Visit site
Also disconnect everything else from the back of the C70 except power and try again.
Do you leave your C70 connected up all the time or do you constantly plug it in/disconnect?
If the later suspect a broken power lead/socket.

castaway

uk.groups.yahoo.com
Also disconnect everything else from the back of the C70 except power and try again.
Do you leave your C70 connected up all the time or do you constantly plug it in/disconnect?
If the later suspect a broken power lead/socket.

Yes its actually left connected all the time, but I have brought the unit home as I anticipated that i would end up taking it to Raymarine in Portsmouth ( Well i would if their phones were not 'temporarily out of service ' great !)

Thanks Nick

Talulah

Visit site
Yes its actually left connected all the time, but I have brought the unit home as I anticipated that i would end up taking it to Raymarine in Portsmouth ( Well i would if their phones were not 'temporarily out of service ' great !)

Thanks Nick

I believe Raymarine may be on the move again so worth checking where the Service Dept now is before you set off.
It could also be worth powering up your unit at home once it's in the warmth. (Just clutching at straws but you never know.)

SHUG

Visit site
I had a similar display after being struck by lightning!!! (any high voltage surge could do the same)
The board that had gone was the power module which allows you to run the unit on anything between 10 and 32volts. You may not need to got to Raymarine themselves if there is a competent marine electronics bloke in your area. Good luck