quadcopter for the impoverished

Bav34

Visit site
Just for info ... priced in the £30's on FleaBay.

(Am I helping kill off the High Street posting that?) :(

michaf

Visit site
I'm good thanks, been flying rc helis for years so this one is piece of cake! My GoPro black edition had to be replaced because of faulty image quality. Anyway, will post a link to a video I too of my boat at the Abrolhos Islands. Have you got a phantom yourself?

jfm

Visit site
I'm good thanks, been flying rc helis for years so this one is piece of cake! My GoPro black edition had to be replaced because of faulty image quality. Anyway, will post a link to a video I too of my boat at the Abrolhos Islands. Have you got a phantom yourself?
Sorry michaf that was a bit of an injoke. And welcome to forum btw - please post vid of your boat. I am the very last person you want advice from. Do I have a Phantom? Yes, technically. At least I did for 0:42. And I have the receipt. My first flight is below, and the second (involving the final death of the thing) will follow when I've edited it :D :D

jfm

Visit site
;)

Hasn't JFM-Junior done the Final Cut yet ?
No he's busy doing subatomicphysics or whatever. In blimmin Washington DC at mo (my contribution being to serve as his travel agent).
BUT, I have bought my very own retina-ified MacBookPro aluminium billet which after putting a tick in every small square box cost about the same as a boat and is supposed to be very good for GoPro video. I've lent it to Fairline so they can "mate" it with the boat's music server, and I get it back next Tuesday when I'm at factory. I will then set about some henryf-esque editing (I wish!)... sorry for delay :D

henryf

www.911virgin.com
No he's busy doing subatomicphysics or whatever. In blimmin Washington DC at mo (my contribution being to serve as his travel agent).
BUT, I have bought my very own retina-ified MacBookPro aluminium billet which after putting a tick in every small square box cost about the same as a boat and is supposed to be very good for GoPro video. I've lent it to Fairline so they can "mate" it with the boat's music server, and I get it back next Tuesday when I'm at factory. I will then set about some henryf-esque editing (I wish!)... sorry for delay :D

iMovie won't work on retina MacBooks, especially ones cluttered up with lots of ram & stuff. What you need is a Billy Basic MacBook, ideally with a couple of battle scars so you look cool.

I'm not sure if they are available anywhere.

Hey - just had an idea. If you get Fairline to pop your old thing straight over to Virgin / Solent / CCTV towers I can send you my much more suitable MacBook (having first deleted the browsing history of course :) ).

I wouldn't make that offer to just anyone ;)

They're actually really good to do editing on. GoPro footage jumps straight on and I quite enjoy editing up a video whilst the girls go shopping. It gives me something to do once I've read MB&Y.

Not long to go now !!

Henry :)

rafiki_

Visit site
Sorry michaf that was a bit of an injoke. And welcome to forum btw - please post vid of your boat. I am the very last person you want advice from. Do I have a Phantom? Yes, technically. At least I did for 0:42. And I have the receipt. My first flight is below, and the second (involving the final death of the thing) will follow when I've edited it :D :D

That is a stunning vid JFM, and should be captured in the instructions for the heli :)

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Which reminds me of this little jem I came across the other day.

I think it might start in Lee-on-Solent

I would pay bloody good money not to have to fly in that.

Alchemy2665

Visit site
Jfm, I'd like to thank you for giving me the best laugh I've had all week, your first flight is simply priceless. I know I should be all sympathetic but flying it straight into a mast had me in fits! Got to be up there to win the 2013 video award! Can't wait to see the video where you finally kill it....

pittsartist

Visit site
Hi Henry, glad you like my video ......... its £15 per person NOT to have a ride in it (just joking !!!)

Actually, it starts in hunstanton and most of the seashore stuff is north norfolk or the canals near kings lynn

rutland water is fairly distinctive in the later sections.

i,m amazed how many views came from this thread - took me a while to find it.

heres another fullsize vid

Which reminds me of this little jem I came across the other day.

I think it might start in Lee-on-Solent

I would pay bloody good money not to have to fly in that.

Last edited: